MVC foes will clash when the Drake Bulldogs (14-13, 8-6 MVC) square off against the Indiana State Sycamores (11-15, 6-8 MVC) at Knapp Center. Drake is a 3-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 148 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Indiana State Sycamores at Drake Bulldogs Betting Preview
The Sycamores were beaten by the Loyola Chicago Ramblers in their last contest, 75-71. Indiana State’s Brenton Scott put up 16 points and six rebounds in the contest. Loyola Chicago did a fantastic job of making free throws (18-23; 78.3 percent). Indiana State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 27.8).
The last time the Bulldogs played, they beat the UNI Panthers, 71-64. With 17 points on 7-for-8 shooting, Nick McGlynn was the games high scorer. The Bulldogs knocked down 19 of their 27 free throws (70.4 percent) and held the Panthers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.439 (below their season average of 0.490).
Second-chance opportunities could be rare for Drake in this meeting. The Bulldogs currently rank 321st in offensive rebounding percentage (23.1 percent), while Indiana State ranks 29th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.6 percent).
Games involving these teams have a tendency to go over the projected point total. Indiana State games have gone over 70.8 percent of the time, while 58.3 percent of Drake games have gone over. The Bulldogs come into this game with a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 14-13 SU and 14-9-1 ATS, while the Sycamores are 11-15 SU and 10-12-2 ATS.
McGlynn has been on fire over the last five games for Drake, averaging 13.0 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 147 points in that game, which was just over the projected point total of 144. The Bulldogs won 75-72, covering as 5-point underdogs. Making free throws was one of Drake’s largest strengths. They were 17-20 (85.0 percent), while the Sycamores were just 10-20 (50.0 percent). In the loss, Scott led all scorers on the team with 25 points.
Indiana State Sycamores vs. Drake Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Indiana State, ATS Winner – Indiana State, O/U – Over
- The Sycamores rank 35th in steals per game (7.6) while the Bulldogs rank 136th (6.1).
- On the road, Indiana State is 6-6-1 ATS with 9 overs and 4 unders.
- Drake is 6-2 ATS at home with 5 overs and 3 unders.
- Drake ranks 71st in assists per game (15.3) while Indiana State ranks 236th (11.7).
- The Sycamores rank 134th in rebounds per game (35.9) while the Bulldogs rank 252nd (33.1).
- Indiana State ranks 92nd in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while Drake ranks 198th in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- Drake is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana State is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 2.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Drake has defeated opponents by an average of 0.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Sycamores have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (1.6 above their season average).