The Southern Illinois Salukis (16-13, 10-6 MVC) close out their home schedule at SIU Arena against the Indiana State Sycamores (16-11, 9-7 MVC). The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Indiana State Sycamores at Southern Illinois Salukis Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Salukis fell to the UNI Panthers, 64-52, while the Sycamores won a close one over the Evansville Aces, 64-62.
Indiana State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 16.1 (worse than their season average of 15.6) and a free throw rate of 0.396 (above their season average of 0.239). For those same stats, Evansville had marks of 19.0 and 0.340, respectively. Southern Illinois, meanwhile, held UNI to an effective field goal percentage of 0.451 (below their season average of 0.566). Eric McGill had a good game for Southern Illinois, recording 11 points. Meanwhile, Christian Williams fueled Indiana State with 16 points.
In their first matchup this season, Tyreke Key led the Sycamores to a 68-56 victory. He scored a game-high 20 points. The Sycamores’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Salukis. Indiana State had a rate of 22.6, while Southern Illinois posted a mark of 15.6.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Southern Illinois currently ranks 346th in possessions per game (63.5) and Indiana State is 326th (65.6).
Indiana State vs. Southern Illinois Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Southern Illinois, ATS Winner – Southern Illinois, O/U – Over
- Indiana State ranks 22nd in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Southern Illinois ranks 106th (6.2).
- The Salukis rank 187th in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while the Sycamores rank 255th (18.5).
- Indiana State ranks 268th in rebounds per game (32.2) while Southern Illinois ranks 290th (30.4).
- The Sycamores have been outscored by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Indiana State has defeated opponents by an average of 2.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Salukis have scored an average of 59.0 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.4 points per game (0.5 above their season average).