The Evansville Aces (9-19, 0-15 MVC) and the Indiana State Sycamores (15-11, 8-7 MVC) go head-to-head at Ford Center. The Aces look to put an end to their 15-game losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
Indiana State Sycamores at Evansville Aces ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Aces lost to the Southern Illinois Salukis, 70-53, while the Sycamores barely escaped the UNI Panthers, 67-64.
Indiana State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.145 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 15.8). For those same stats, UNI put up marks of 0.115 and 12.2, respectively. Evansville, on the other hand, held Southern Illinois to an offensive rebounding percentage of 0.0 (below their season average of 21.7). Evansville’s K.J. Riley led the way, recording 10 points. Meanwhile, Indiana State was led by Jake LaRavia, who contributed 18 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Cooper Neese led the Sycamores to a 65-42 victory. He produced 12 points. Indiana State’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Evansville. The Sycamores had a rate of 0.119, while the Aces posted a mark of 0.054.
Second-chance opportunities could be hard to find for Evansville in this meeting. The Aces are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 347th in offensive rebounding percentage at 20.4 percent. Meanwhile, Indiana State ranks 59th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 75.1 percent.
Indiana State at Evansville Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Indiana State, ATS Winner – Indiana State, O/U – Over
- Evansville ranks 92nd in three pointers attempted per game (23.8) while Indiana State ranks 242nd (18.9).
- The Sycamores rank 267th in rebounds per game (32.4) while the Aces rank 277th (31.8).
- The Sycamores rank 201st in steals per game (5.4) while the Aces rank 238th (4.8).
- Evansville is 24th in the nation with 2.5 blocks allowed per game while Indiana State is 54th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- During their last five games, the Aces have scored an average of 63.4 points per game (4.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (2.5 below their season average).
- The Sycamores’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 2.0 for the season.