The Philadelphia 76ers (4-4) will be at home in Wells Fargo Center when they square off against the Indiana Pacers (5-3). Action begins at at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 3, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana.
Indiana Pacers at Philadelphia 76ers Free Preview
The Pacers beat the Cleveland Cavaliers, 124-107, in their last game. With 25 points, eight assists and five rebounds, Darren Collison had a good performance for Indiana. Indiana played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 13.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.633 (above their season average of 0.526). For those same stats, Cleveland was 14.4 and 0.541, respectively.
The 76ers will look to keep it rolling after topping the Atlanta Hawks, 119-109, in their last contest. Philadelphia received a boost from Joel Embiid, who had 21 points, 12 rebounds and six assists. Philadelphia dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 28.8 (above their season average of 23.0) and a turnover percentage of 13.4 (better than their season average of 15.2). Atlanta recorded marks of 24.0 and 15.2, respectively, for those same stats.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Philadelphia. Since last season, Philadelphia ranks 30th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 15.9 percent), while the disruptive defense of Indiana has forced the fifth-most turnovers in the league (14.5 percent).
Games involving Indiana have gone over 50.0 percent of the time, while Philadelphia games have finished over 62.5 percent of the time. The Pacers have the better straight up (SU) record (5-3 vs. 4-4), but both teams have the same against the spread (ATS) record (6-2).
The Pacers won three out of four meetings against the 76ers last season. In the last contest, the Pacers won 122-115. The Pacers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.167 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.594. For those same stats, the 76ers put up marks of 0.095 and 0.558, respectively.
Indiana Pacers vs. Philadelphia 76ers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Pacers average 16.7 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 10th in the league. The 76ers rank 29th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.3).
- Indiana ranks 18th in rebounds allowed per game (44.0) while Philadelphia ranks 27th (44.9).
- Indiana ranks 14th in blocks per game (4.9) while Philadelphia ranks 28th in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- Philadelphia averages 23.9 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Indiana ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (22.2).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Indiana is 24-5 and Philadelphia is 13-3.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the 76ers are 25-28 and the Pacers are 39-28.
- The Pacers rank fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (40.8) while the 76ers rank 19th (44.9).
- Indiana ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (10.3) while Philadelphia ranks 28th (14.6).
- The Pacers average 8.2 steals per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The 76ers rank 26th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- The 76ers rank 11th in second chance points per game (13.3) while the Pacers rank 16th in second chance points allowed per game (13.0).
- Philadelphia ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (29.9) while Indiana ranks 27th (23.4).