The New York Knicks (4-18) welcome the Indiana Pacers (14-8) to Madison Square Garden. The Knicks are 6-point underdogs and will attempt to snap their eight-game losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 208 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
Indiana Pacers vs. New York Knicks ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Pacers (1-point favorites) were defeated by the Detroit Pistons, 108-101, while the Knicks (8.5-point underdogs) fell to the Denver Nuggets, 129-92. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Indiana game went 1 point over the projected point total of 208, while the New York game finished 17 points over the projected point total of 204.
Indiana had a better turnover percentage (10.7 vs. 14.7) while New York had a better free throw rate (0.181 vs. 0.115). New York was lifted by Mitchell Robinson, who had 17 points and seven rebounds. Domantas Sabonis, meanwhile led the way for Indiana, contributing 18 points, 13 rebounds and five assists.
The Pacers dominated this series last year, winning all four games. In the last contest, Indiana won 103-98. Indiana had a much better turnover percentage (9.3 vs. 17.8). New York, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (19.0 vs. 16.7). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Just over half of the Pacers’ games have finished under the projected point total. Indiana comes into the contest with records of 14-8 straight up (SU) and 11-8-2 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Knicks’ 22 games, 14 have finished under the total. Moreover, New York is 4-18 SU and 9-12-1 ATS.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams square off. New York ranks 29th in possessions per game (100.2) and Indiana is 23rd (101.5).
Indiana Pacers vs. New York Knicks Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- Indiana ranks ninth in points in the paint per game (48.8) while New York ranks last (39.9).
- The Pacers rank 12th in assists per game (24.8) while the Knicks rank last (19.8).
- New York ranks fifth in second chance points per game (14.9) while Indiana ranks 18th (12.7).
- Indiana allows the third-fewest steals per game (6.8) while New York ranks fourth (6.9).
- The Pacers rank second in fast break points allowed per game (11.2) while the Knicks rank 21st (14.1).
- The Pacers rank 13th in points off turnovers per game (17.9) while the Knicks rank 20th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.8).
- Indiana ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (31.4) while New York ranks 22nd (35.0).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Indiana is 4-1 and New York is 1-1.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Pacers are 14-5 and the Knicks are 4-10.
- Indiana is 6-4 ATS on the road, while New York is 4-7-1 ATS at home.
- The Pacers have 5 overs and 5 unders in 10 road games.
- Of the Knicks’ 12 home games, they have 9 unders and 3 overs.
- In their last five games, Indiana and New York have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Pacers are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Knicks are 0-4-1.
- The Pacers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 4.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 95.4 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 120.2 points per game (8.9 above their season average).