Don’t expect a fast-paced game when the Indiana Pacers (8-5), 2.5-point underdogs, visit Houston to play the Rockets (4-7). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 209 points and it will air on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 11, 2018.
Indiana Pacers at Houston Rockets ATS Odds
The Pacers were victorious over the Miami Heat in their last contest, 110-102, covering as 2.5-point favorites. The Rockets, on the other hand, were topped by the San Antonio Spurs, 96-89, and failed to cover as 5-point underdogs. The Indiana game went 5 points over the projected point total of 207, while the Houston game finished 28.5 points under the projected point total of 213.5.
Indiana played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 16.4 (worse than their season average of 12.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.589 (above their season average of 0.533). For those same stats, Miami had marks of 20.0 and 0.537, respectively. Houston, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 7.2 (better than their season average of 12.3). Houston’s James Harden had a solid performance, finishing with 25 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Victor Oladipo played a key role for Indiana with 22 points, 10 assists and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Harden led the Rockets to a 98-94 victory. He put up 28 points and six assists. The two teams combined for 192 points, which was well under the projected point total of 215.5, and Houston covered as a 1-point underdog. Houston’s 0.546 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Indiana, who had a rate of 0.493.
Games involving the Pacers have typically gone under the projected point total (61.5 percent). Indiana heads into the contest with records of 8-5 straight up (SU) and 6-6-1 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has been spot on when predicting totals of Rockets games, with an even split between overs and unders. Further, Houston owns records of 4-7 SU and 3-7 ATS.
Oladipo has taken his game to another level as of late for Indiana, averaging 27.4 points, 8.8 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 1.8 steals over the last five games.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Houston currently ranks 28th in possessions per game (99.6) and Indiana is 29th (99.6).
Indiana Pacers at Houston Rockets Odds Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Rockets rank second in assists allowed per game (21.0) while the Pacers rank ninth (22.8).
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (41.8) while Indiana ranks 28th (24.2).
- The Pacers rank third in points off turnovers per game (21.1) while the Rockets rank 14th (17.1).
- Indiana ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (6.6) while Houston ranks 14th (7.5).
- Indiana ranks first in second chance points allowed per game (10.8) while Houston ranks 10th (12.0).
- The Pacers rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (40.0) while the Rockets rank 20th (50.4).
- The Pacers rank fifth in rebounds allowed per game (41.8) while the Rockets rank 15th (45.5).
- Houston averages 6.1 blocks per game, which ranks fifth in the league. Indiana ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (6.0).
- Indiana is 2-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Houston is 2-2.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Pacers are 8-1 and the Rockets are 2-3.
- Indiana is 3-3-1 ATS on the road, while Houston is 0-4 ATS at home.
- Of the Pacers’ 7 road games, they have 4 overs and 3 unders.
- In 4 home games, the Rockets have 2 overs and 2 unders.
- In their last five games, Indiana and Houston are both 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Pacers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 3.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 96.4 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 97.4 points per game (10.3 below their season average).