Central Division foes will clash when the Cleveland Cavaliers (3-4) clash against the Indiana Pacers (4-3) at Quicken Loans Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 218.5 points with Cleveland opening as an 11-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Ohio.
Indiana Pacers at Cleveland Cavaliers ATS Preview
The Pacers won big over the Sacramento Kings, 101-83, in their last game. With 12 points, 16 rebounds and five assists, Indiana’s Domantas Sabonis had a solid outing. Indiana played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.200 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.0 (above their season average of 23.9). Sacramento put up marks of 0.080 and 20.4, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Cavaliers played, they were blown out by the New York Knicks, 114-95. Kevin Love led Cleveland in scoring with 22 points on 5-for-15 shooting. New York held the Cavaliers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.9 (below their season average of 20.9). Cleveland, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (23-27; 85.2 percent).
The high-octane offense of Cleveland will square off against the mid-tier defense of Indiana. Since last season, the Cavaliers rank second in offensive efficiency, while the Pacers are 19th in defensive efficiency. The Cavaliers figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Games including Indiana have finished over 42.9 percent of the time, while Cleveland games have gone under 57.1 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Pacers have a clear advantage. They are 4-3 SU and 4-2 ATS, while the Cavaliers are 3-4 SU and 1-6 ATS.
The Cavaliers won seven out of eight contests against the Pacers last season. In the most recent matchup, the Pacers won 103-93. Indiana’s 9.9 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over Cleveland, who had a rate of 16.0.
Indiana Pacers at Cleveland Cavaliers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Pacers rank fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (40.6) while the Cavaliers rank 17th (44.3).
- Indiana averages 16.7 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 11th in the league. Cleveland ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.2).
- Indiana ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (10.4) while Cleveland ranks 13th (13.1).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Indiana is 24-5 and Cleveland is 23-3.
- The Pacers are 38-28 when they reach the century mark, while the Cavaliers are 64-20.
- The Cavaliers rank 17th in rebounds per game (43.4) while the Pacers rank 26th (42.2).
- Cleveland ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (33.6) while Indiana ranks 27th (23.4).
- The Pacers rank seventh in steals per game (8.2) while the Cavaliers rank last (6.6).
- Indiana ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (22.2) while Cleveland ranks 29th (24.9).