Central Division foes will collide when the Chicago Bulls (2-7) take on the Indiana Pacers (5-7) at United Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago.
Indiana Pacers vs. Chicago Bulls Free Preview
The Pacers fell to the Detroit Pistons in their last game, 114-97. Indiana’s Al Jefferson finished with 19 points and six rebounds in the game. Detroit held the Pacers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.3 (below their season average of 22.4). Indiana, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.5 vs. 13.8).
In the Bulls’ last matchup, they were beaten by the Toronto Raptors, 119-114. Bobby Portis led Chicago in scoring with 21 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Toronto was lights out from beyond the arc (13-25; 52.0 percent). Chicago, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (23-28; 82.1 percent).
Points at the line could be few and far between for Chicago in this showdown. The Bulls rank 28th in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.202, while Indiana ranks second in FTA rate allowed (0.217) dating back to the 2016-17 season. Moreover, the Pacers rank fifth in turnover percentage (13.4 percent), while the Bulls rank 29th in opponents’ turnover percentage (13.2 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Indiana games have finished over 58.3 percent of the time, while games including Chicago have finished under 66.7 percent of the time. The Pacers have the superior straight up (SU) record (5-7 vs. 2-7), but the Bulls hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (5-3-1 vs. 6-6).
Thaddeus Young has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Indiana, averaging 17.4 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.2 steals per game.
Each team won two of the four games played against each other last season. In the last matchup, the Pacers won 111-101. The Pacers played a nearly perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.525 and a turnover percentage of 10.5. The Bulls were 0.452 and 11.7, respectively, for those same stats.
Indiana Pacers at Chicago Bulls Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bulls, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulls rank first in blocks allowed per game (4.4) while the Pacers rank 19th (5.2).
- Indiana ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (7.9) while Chicago ranks 18th (7.5).
- Chicago ranks first in rebounds per game (46.5) while Indiana ranks 19th (42.0).
- Chicago averages 23.3 three pointers per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Indiana ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (29.1).
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Chicago is 29-9 and Indiana is 24-5.
- The Bulls are 37-17 when they score over 100 points, while the Pacers are 39-31.
- The Pacers average 22.6 assists per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. The Bulls rank 23rd in assists allowed per game (23.9).
- Chicago ranks sixth in points allowed in the paint per game (45.0) while Indiana ranks last (41.2).
- The Bulls rank sixth in second chance points allowed per game (11.7) while the Pacers rank 27th (13.1).
- The Pacers rank 15th in points off turnovers per game (16.7) while the Bulls rank 27th (15.4).
- Indiana ranks seventh in fast break points per game (10.8) while Chicago ranks 28th (12.9).