The Boston Celtics will be 7-point favorites at home to open the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs when they take on the Indiana Pacers. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 209.5 points and it can be seen on TNT at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 14, 2019.
Indiana Pacers at Boston Celtics ATS Odds
The Celtics lead the season series three games to one. The two teams combined to put up 214 points in their most recent game, hitting the projected point total. Boston won 117-97, covering as a 1.5-point favorite. One of Boston’s biggest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 14-16 (87.5 percent), while the Pacers were just 11-19 (57.9 percent). Jayson Tatum was the game’s leading scorer with 22 points.
Of the Pacers’ 82 games, 47 have finished under the O/U total. Indiana holds records of 48-34 straight up (SU) and 40-41-1 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Indiana, games featuring the Celtics have typically finished over the total (56.1 percent). Further, Boston owns records of 49-33 SU and 38-42-2 ATS.
Ball protection could play an integral role in this matchup. Boston commits the fourth-fewest miscues in the league (turnover percentage of 12.2 percent), while the pesky defense of Indiana forces the second-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 15.0 percent).
Indiana Pacers vs. Boston Celtics Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank third in points off turnovers per game (19.0) while the Celtics rank fifth (18.1).
- Boston ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (34.5) while Indiana ranks 29th (25.4).
- The Celtics rank second in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Pacers rank 12th (7.4).
- Boston ranks seventh in fast-break points per game (16.2) while Indiana ranks 16th in fast-break points allowed per game (14.0).
- Indiana ranks 10th in second chance points per game (13.4) while Boston ranks 16th in second chance points allowed per game (13.5).
- The Celtics rank second in blocks allowed per game (3.9) while the Pacers rank 19th (5.2).
- The Celtics rank fifth in assists per game (26.3) while the Pacers rank 12th in assists allowed per game (24.5).
- Indiana allows the fourth-fewest points in the paint per game (44.8) while Boston ranks fifth (46.0).
- Indiana ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (43.7) while Boston ranks 22nd (45.9).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Boston is 16-4 and Indiana is 25-3.
- When reaching 100 points, the Celtics are 49-24 and the Pacers are 43-17.
- Boston is 20-21 ATS at home, while Indiana is 17-23-1 ATS on the road.
- The Pacers have 21 unders and 20 overs in 41 road games.
- In 41 home games, the Celtics have 25 overs and 16 unders.
- In their last five games, Indiana and Boston are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Pacers have 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push over their last five games, while the Celtics have 3 overs and 2 pushes
- The Pacers have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 3.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Celtics have scored an average of 112.6 points per game (0.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.0 points per game (2.0 below their season average).