The Atlanta Hawks (18-43) will be at home in Philips Arena when they go head-to-head against the Indiana Pacers (34-26). Indiana is a 4-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 211 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Indiana Pacers at Atlanta Hawks ATS Preview
The Pacers lost to the Dallas Mavericks in their last outing, 109-103. Myles Turner put together a solid game for Indiana, leading both teams in scoring with 24 points on 10-for-14 shooting. Dallas had a better turnover percentage (9.4 vs. 11.0). Indiana, meanwhile, held the Mavericks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.6 (below the 23.8 mark opponents have averaged against Indiana this season).
In the Hawks’ last game, they were topped by the Los Angeles Lakers, 123-104. Taurean Prince was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 7-for-18 shooting. Los Angeles held the Hawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.0 (below their season average of 22.1). Atlanta, meanwhile, forced the Lakers into a turnover percentage of 19.0 (above their season average of 13.4).
It could be a sloppy game for the Atlanta offense. Atlanta ranks 27th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.9 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Indiana forces the ninth-most turnovers in the league (14.5 percent).
Of Indiana’s 60 games, 32 have finished under the projected point total, while 31 of Atlanta’s 61 games have finished under the projected point total. The Pacers have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (34-26 vs. 18-43) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (33-27 vs. 31-28-2).
Thaddeus Young has really been playing well over the last five games for Indiana, averaging 14.2 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game.
These two teams have already met twice this season, with the Pacers winning both. Domantas Sabonis scored a game-high 21 points in the most recent contest, in which the Pacers beat the Hawks 116-93, covering as 7-point favorites. He also had 13 rebounds. The two teams combined for 209 points, which was just 0.5 points above the projected point total of 208.5 points. The Pacers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 30.6 and a turnover percentage of 13.7. For those same stats, the Hawks were 12.5 and 19.6, respectively.
Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks ATS Prediction
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Over
- The Pacers rank 11th in assists allowed per game (23.0) while the Hawks rank 28th (25.8).
- Indiana ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (4.9) while Atlanta ranks 25th (5.3).
- Atlanta ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (30.1) while Indiana ranks 26th in three pointers allowed per game (30.9).
- Indiana ranks 19th in rebounds per game (42.3) while Atlanta ranks 20th in rebounds allowed per game (43.9).
- On the road, Indiana is 15-13 ATS with 15 unders, 12 overs and 1 push.
- At home, Atlanta is 16-15 ATS with 16 overs, 14 unders and 1 push.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Atlanta is 9-4 and Indiana is 19-2.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Hawks are 16-24 and the Pacers are 29-13.
- The Pacers rank 12th in points in the paint per game (44.9) while the Hawks rank 26th (40.7).
- Indiana ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while Atlanta ranks 27th (8.5).
- The Pacers rank third in fast break points per game (15.1) while the Hawks rank 23rd (9.9).
- The Pacers average 11.9 second chance points per game, which ranks 18th in the league. The Hawks rank 25th in second chance points allowed per game (13.3).
- Indiana ranks fifth in points off turnovers per game (18.0) while Atlanta ranks 23rd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.4).
- Atlanta is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Hawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.0, up from 4.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 109.0 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 101.8 points per game (3.5 below their season average).