The Dallas Mavericks (18-42) will be at home in American Airlines Center when they square off with the Indiana Pacers (34-25). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 210 points with Indiana set as a 2-point favorite. Action begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 26, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana.
Indiana Pacers at Dallas Mavericks ATS Preview
The Pacers won big over the Atlanta Hawks in their last contest, 116-93. Domantas Sabonis was the game’s leading scorer with 21 points on 9-for-13 shooting. Indiana played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 30.6 (above their season average of 21.9) and a turnover percentage of 13.7 (worse than their season average of 11.9). For those same stats, Atlanta was 12.5 and 19.6, respectively.
In the Mavericks’ last game, they were dismantled by the Utah Jazz, 97-90. J.J. Barea was Dallas’ leading scorer with 17 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Utah did a terrific job of making free throws (20-26; 76.9 percent). Dallas, meanwhile, held the Jazz to an effective field goal percentage of 0.453 (below their season average of 0.523).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the league’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Dallas currently ranks 24th in possessions per game (97.3) and Indiana is 21st (98.2).
Of Indiana’s 59 games, 32 have finished under the projected point total, while 33 of Dallas’ 60 games have finished under the projected point total. The Pacers come into this game with a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 34-25 SU and 33-26 ATS, while the Mavericks are 18-42 SU and 30-30 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 192 points, which was under the projected point total of 202.5. The Mavericks won 98-94, covering as 4-point underdogs. The Mavericks played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.6 and a free throw rate of 0.128. The Pacers were 16.1 and 0.101, respectively, for those same stats. Dirk Nowitzki was a top performer in the victory, with 15 points and seven rebounds.
Indiana Pacers vs. Dallas Mavericks Free Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank 12th in points in the paint per game (44.8) while the Mavericks rank last (38.1).
- Indiana ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while Dallas ranks eighth (7.4).
- Dallas ranks third in second chance points allowed per game (10.8) while Indiana ranks 21st (13.0).
- On the road, Indiana is 15-12 ATS with 15 unders, 11 overs and 1 push.
- At home, Dallas is 13-17 ATS with 17 unders, 12 overs and 1 push.
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Dallas is 13-11 and Indiana is 19-2.
- The Pacers are 29-12 when they score above 100 points, while the Mavericks are 12-19.
- The Pacers rank 14th in rebounds allowed per game (42.8) while the Mavericks rank 26th (45.2).
- Indiana ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (18.2) while Dallas ranks 28th (14.4).
- The Pacers rank third in fast break points per game (15.1) while the Mavericks rank 25th in fast break points allowed per game (13.9).
- The Pacers rank 24th in blocks per game (4.2) while the Mavericks rank 27th (3.9).
- Dallas ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (32.6) while Indiana ranks 25th (24.7).
- Dallas is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Mavericks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 2.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 108.8 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 102.2 points per game (3.1 below their season average).