An eight-game home winning streak is on the line for the Toronto Raptors (41-15), who will be 4.5-point favorites when they square off against the Indiana Pacers (33-23) at Scotiabank Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 219 points and it can be seen on CTV Sportsnet Toronto at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
Indiana Pacers at Toronto Raptors Betting Odds
Both teams covered as favorites in their last matchup. The Raptors (8.5-point favorites) defeated the Phoenix Suns 118-101, while the Pacers (6.5-point favorites) beat the New York Knicks 106-98. The Toronto game went 9.5 points under the projected point total of 228.5, while the Indiana game went 8.5 points under the projected point total of 212.5.
Indiana dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.5 (above their season average of 20.2) and a turnover percentage of 9.7 (better than their season average of 11.3). For those same stats, New York was 11.6 and 14.0, respectively. Toronto, on the other hand, dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.613 (above their season average of 0.537) and a free throw rate of 0.250 (above their season average of 0.198). For those same stats, Phoenix was 0.446 and 0.207, respectively. Toronto received a boost from Pascal Siakam, who recorded 37 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Domantas Sabonis fueled Indiana with 24 points and 13 rebounds.
The Raptors lead the season series two games to one. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to put up 221 points, just over the projected point total of 220. Toronto won 115-106, covering as a 2-point favorite. Toronto had a better turnover percentage (14.4 vs. 17.3). Indiana, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.2 vs. 18.2). Serge Ibaka put up a double-double in the victory with 22 points and 10 rebounds.
Games featuring the Pacers have a slight tendency to go over the total (53.6 percent). Indiana heads into the game with records of 33-23 straight up (SU) and 29-25-2 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Raptors’ 56 games, 30 have finished over the total. Moreover, Toronto is 41-15 SU and 31-24-1 ATS.
Ball security could play a key role in this meeting. Indiana commits the fifth-fewest miscues in the NBA (turnover percentage of 12.2 percent), while the pesky defense of Toronto forces the second-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 15.6 percent).
Indiana Pacers at Toronto Raptors Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Over
- The Pacers rank 19th in second chance points allowed per game (13.4) while the Raptors rank 27th (14.1).
- Toronto ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (36.3) while Indiana ranks last (27.8).
- The Pacers average 26.1 assists per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The Raptors rank 22nd in assists allowed per game (25.4).
- Toronto ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (42.1) while Indiana ranks 15th (47.6).
- Toronto ranks 15th in rebounds per game (45.3) while Indiana ranks 26th (42.6).
- The Raptors rank second in steals per game (8.8) while the Pacers rank 22nd (7.0).
- The Raptors rank second in points off turnovers per game (20.3) while the Pacers rank 14th (16.8).
- Indiana averages 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 15th in the league. Toronto ranks 21st in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Toronto ranks second in fast break points per game (18.9) while Indiana ranks 17th (12.5).
- Indiana is 10-2 when they allow less than 100 points, while Toronto is 13-3.
- The Pacers are 33-15 when they score over 100 points, while the Raptors are 39-9.
- Indiana is 16-11 ATS on the road, while Toronto is 17-12 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 14 of the Pacers’ 27 road games, while 18 of the Raptors’ 29 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Indiana and Toronto have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Raptors are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Pacers are 2-3.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, down from 6.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 110.4 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.8 points per game (3.4 above their season average).