The Orlando Magic (8-8) will be at home in Amway Center when they take on the Indiana Pacers (9-8). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 222.5 points with Orlando set as a 3-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Indiana Pacers vs. Orlando Magic Betting Preview
The Pacers had no trouble getting past the Miami Heat in their last outing, 120-95. With 25 points and seven rebounds, Indianas Myles Turner put together a solid outing. Indiana played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.665 (above their season average of 0.533) and a turnover percentage of 11.9 (better than their season average of 12.4). For those same stats, Miami was 0.500 and 14.4, respectively.
The last time the Magic played, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Utah Jazz, 125-85. Aaron Gordon was Orlandos high scorer with 18 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Utah had a turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 15.2). Orlando, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.185 vs. 0.173).
Orlando could have trouble getting to the foul line in this matchup. The Magic rank 21st in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.186, while Indiana ranks first in FTA rate allowed (0.152).
Of Indianas 16 games with betting action, eight have finished over the O/U total, while 9 of Orlandos 16 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (9-8 for Indiana; 8-8 for Orlando), but the Pacers hold a slight edge against the spread (ATS). Indiana is 9-7 ATS, while the Magic are 8-7-1.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Pacers won all four meetings played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Indiana won 127-112. The Pacers offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Magic. Indiana had a rate of 17.1, while Orlando posted a mark of 9.3.
Indiana Pacers vs. Orlando Magic Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Over
- The Pacers rank third in steals allowed per game (7.2) while the Magic rank 13th (8.0).
- Indiana ranks fifth in fast break points per game (14.6) while Orlando ranks 14th in fast break points allowed per game (11.0).
- Indiana ranks 18th in points in the paint per game (42.4) while Orlando ranks 28th in points allowed in the paint per game (51.0).
- Orlando averages 29.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 14th in the league. Indiana ranks 18th in three pointers allowed per game (29.6).
- Orlando is 3-4 ATS at home, while Indiana is 5-4 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 6 of the Pacers 9 road games, while 4 of the Magics 7 home games have gone under.
- Indiana is 4-0 when they allow less than 100 points, while Orlando is 5-1.
- The Pacers and Magic are both 8-4 when they score over 100 points.
- The Pacers rank 16th in rebounds allowed per game (43.9) while the Magic rank 26th (46.6).
- Orlando ranks sixth in blocks allowed per game (4.3) while Indiana ranks 25th (5.9).
- The Pacers average 13.2 second chance points per game, which ranks eighth in the league. The Magic rank 27th in second chance points allowed per game (14.0).
- The Pacers rank fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.4) while the Magic rank 12th (17.1).
- Indiana averages 23.9 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Orlando ranks 25th in assists allowed per game (24.4).
Orlando is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
Over their last five games, Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
The Magics average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 1.1 for the season.
During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 108.6 points per game (0.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 102.6 points per game (5.3 below their season average).