The Orlando Magic (3-6) will be 3-point favorites at home in the Amway Center when they square off against the Indiana Pacers (5-4). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 203 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 10, 2019.
Indiana Pacers vs. Orlando Magic Betting Odds
The last time the Magic played, they won big over the Memphis Grizzlies, 118-86, comfortably covering as 8-point favorites. The Pacers, on the other hand, beat the Detroit Pistons, 112-106, resulting in a push. The Orlando game went 4 points under the projected point total of 208, while the Indiana game went 9 points over the projected point total of 209.
Indiana played a flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.265 (above their season average of 0.169) and a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 11.9). Detroit was 0.174 and 13.8, respectively, for those same stats. The Magic, meanwhile, held the Grizzlies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.2 (below their season average of 23.8). The Grizzlies also had a turnover percentage of 16.4 (above the 13.0 mark opponents have averaged against Orlando this season). Nikola Vucevic was a key piece for Orlando with 23 points, 16 rebounds and six assists. Domantas Sabonis had a solid performance for Indiana, finishing with 17 points, 14 rebounds and six assists.
The Magic edged out the Pacers in this series last year, winning three out of four contests. In the most recent contest, Orlando won 121-116. The Magic’s 6.7 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Pacers, who had a mark of 13.3.
Vegas tends to place the total high when the Pacers are playing, as five of their nine games have gone under the O/U total. Indiana heads into the contest with records of 5-4 straight up (SU) and 3-4-2 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Indiana, games featuring the Magic also have typically gone under the O/U total (77.8 percent). Moreover, Orlando is 3-6 SU and 3-5-1 ATS.
The offense of Orlando will clash against the stingy defense of Indiana. Dating back to last season, the Magic rank 20th in offensive efficiency, while the Pacers are fourth in defensive efficiency. The Pacers should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Pacers vs. Magic Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Magic rank fifth in assists allowed per game (23.0) while the Pacers rank ninth (24.2).
- Indiana ranks third in points in the paint per game (48.7) while Orlando ranks 27th (43.7).
- The Magic rank 13th in three pointers attempted per game (32.1) while the Pacers rank last (25.5).
- Indiana ranks 15th in fast break points per game (14.5) while Orlando ranks 25th (10.9).
- Indiana ranks second in steals allowed per game (7.2) while Orlando ranks sixth (7.0).
- The Pacers rank second in points off turnovers per game (19.1) while the Magic rank 22nd (15.4).
- The Pacers rank second in blocks allowed per game (5.0) while the Magic rank ninth (4.4).
- Indiana ranks fifth in second chance points per game (13.3) while Orlando ranks 24th (12.3).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Indiana is 27-6 and Orlando is 22-5.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Magic are 40-20 and the Pacers are 48-20.