The New York Knicks (4-4) will be at home in Madison Square Garden when they challenge the Indiana Pacers (5-4). New York opened as a 2-point favorite while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 217 points. Action starts at at 7:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 5, 2017, and it can be seen on MSG Network.
Indiana Pacers at New York Knicks Odds Preview
The Pacers fell to the Philadelphia 76ers, 121-110, in their last contest. With 31 points on 12-for-20 shooting, Victor Oladipo led Indiana in scoring. Philadelphia held the Pacers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.4 (below their season average of 24.0). Indiana, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (9.5 vs. 15.5).
In the Knicks’ last game, they topped the Phoenix Suns, 120-107. New York received a boost from Kristaps Porzingis, who was the top scorer from either team with 37 points on 13-for-22 shooting. New York’s 0.563 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Phoenix, who had a mark of 0.397. The Knicks’ mark was above their season average of 0.498, while the Suns’ was below their season average of 0.496.
New York could own the offensive glass in this contest. The Knicks rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (26.6 percent), while Indiana ranks 22nd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.5 percent) dating back to last season. Moreover, the Pacers’ fifth-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 107.2) will go head-to-head against the Knicks’ 25th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 109.1).
Games including Indiana have finished over 55.6 percent of the time, while New York games have finished over 50.0 percent of the time. The Pacers hold a substantial advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 5-4 SU and 6-3 ATS, while the Knicks are 4-4 SU and 4-4 ATS.
The Knicks won three out of four matchups against the Pacers last season. In the last contest, the Knicks won 118-111. New York had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.574 vs. 0.462). Indiana, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (21.2 vs. 10.8).
Indiana Pacers at New York Knicks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Pacers rank 10th in points off turnovers per game (16.7) while the Knicks rank 28th (14.4).
- New York averages 21.8 assists per game, which ranks 14th in the league. Indiana ranks 21st in assists allowed per game (22.3).
- Indiana ranks sixth in points in the paint per game (42.4) while New York ranks 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (45.6).
- New York is 15-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Indiana is 24-5.
- The Knicks are 30-32 when they reach 100 points, while the Pacers are 39-29.
- The Knicks rank ninth in rebounds per game (45.3) while the Pacers rank 19th in rebounds allowed per game (44.1).
- New York ranks third in second chance points per game (15.1) while Indiana ranks 25th in second chance points allowed per game (13.1).
- The Pacers average 10.9 fast break points per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Knicks rank 26th in fast break points allowed per game (13.8).
- The Pacers average 8.2 steals per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Knicks rank 11th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- New York ranks eighth in blocks per game (5.5) while Indiana ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).