The Indiana Pacers (32-23), 5.5-point favorites, will travel to Madison Square Garden to meet the New York Knicks (17-38). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 212.5 points and it will air on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21, 2020.
Indiana Pacers vs. New York Knicks ATS Odds
The Pacers will be looking for a similar result after covering the 1.5-point spread against the Milwaukee Bucks in their last matchup, 118-111. The Knicks, on the other hand, were dismantled by the Washington Wizards, 114-96, and were unable to cover as 3-point underdogs. The Indiana game finished 5 points over the projected point total of 224, while the New York game finished 18 points under the projected point total of 228.
The Pacers held the Bucks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.478 (below their season average of 0.558) and had a better turnover percentage (12.7 vs. 14.3). New York, on the other hand, held Washington to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.6 (below their season average of 22.5). Julius Randle played well for New York with 21 points and 13 rebounds. T.J. Warren, meanwhile played well for Indiana, recording 35 points and seven rebounds.
The Knicks had the upper hand in the most recent game, a 92-85 victory, to even the season series at one. Domantas Sabonis had a standout performance with 25 points and eight rebounds. New York had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.8 vs. 8.5). Indiana, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.474 vs. 0.457). The two teams combined to score 177 points, which was well under the projected point total of 212.5, and New York covered as an 11-point underdog.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Pacers games, with 30 overs compared to 25 unders. Indiana comes into the contest with records of 32-23 straight up (SU) and 28-25-2 against the spread (ATS).
Games featuring the Knicks have typically finished under the projected point total (58.2 percent). Further, New York is 17-38 SU and 28-25-2 ATS.
The offensive glass should be a major edge for New York in this meeting. The Knicks rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (25.4 percent), while Indiana ranks 21st in defensive rebounding percentage (76.8 percent).
Pacers vs. Knicks Odds Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Over
- The Pacers rank 14th in blocks per game (5.0) while the Knicks rank 18th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- New York ranks first in second chance points per game (15.1) while Indiana ranks 28th (11.5).
- The Knicks rank fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (43.4) while the Pacers rank 15th (47.7).
- Indiana ranks 17th in fast break points per game (12.5) while New York ranks 28th (9.7).
- Indiana ranks first in steals allowed per game (6.6) while New York ranks 10th (7.0).
- The Pacers rank sixth in assists per game (26.2) while the Knicks rank 28th (21.7).
- The Pacers average 16.8 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. The Knicks rank 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- New York ranks 28th in three pointers attempted per game (29.4) while Indiana ranks last (27.8).
- New York ranks sixth in rebounds per game (46.5) while Indiana ranks 26th (42.5).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Indiana is 9-2 and New York is 7-3.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Knicks are 14-23 and the Pacers are 32-15.
- New York is 13-13-1 ATS at home, while Indiana is 15-11 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 14 of the Pacers’ 26 road games, while 17 of the Knicks’ 27 home games have gone under.
- The Knicks are 3-1-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Pacers are 2-3.
- In their last five games, New York has 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push, while Indiana has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Knicks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 7.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 112.8 points per game (3.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.0 points per game (7.4 above their season average).