The league’s top scoring defense will be on the road at Spectrum Center, when the Indiana Pacers (3-3) face off with the Charlotte Hornets (3-3). The game can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
Indiana Pacers vs. Charlotte Hornets Betting Odds
Both teams covered as favorites in their last contest. The Hornets (5.5-point favorites) defeated the Golden State Warriors 93-87, while the Pacers (2-point favorites) beat the Chicago Bulls 108-95. The Charlotte game went 41 points under the projected point total of 221, while the Indiana game finished 14 points under the projected point total of 217.
Indiana dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.235 (above their season average of 0.167) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.7 (below their season average of 21.9). For those same stats, Chicago was 0.163 and 15.2, respectively. Meanwhile, Charlotte played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 31.4 (above their season average of 22.8) and a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 16.5). Golden State put up marks of 13.5 and 17.9, respectively, for those same stats. Charlotte’s Dwayne Bacon had a solid performance, contributing 25 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, T.J. Warren played a pivotal role for Indiana with 26 points and five rebounds.
The Pacers took this series last year, winning two out of three games. In the last matchup, Indiana won 99-90. Indiana had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.568 vs. 0.361). Charlotte, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (4.6 vs. 12.8).
Of the Pacers’ six games, four have gone under the projected point total. Indiana heads into the game with records of 3-3 straight up (SU) and 2-3-1 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas is extremely precise when predicting totals of Hornets games, with an even split between overs and unders. Moreover, Charlotte owns records of 3-3 SU and 4-2 ATS.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams clash. Charlotte ranks 21st in possessions per game (101.6) and Indiana is 25th (100.2) dating back to the 2018-19 season. Also, the Pacers rank 25th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.181), while the Hornets rank third in opponents’ FTA rate (0.178).
Indiana Pacers at Charlotte Hornets Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Hornets, ATS Winner – Hornets, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Charlotte ranks ninth in three pointers attempted per game (34.0) while Indiana ranks 29th (25.5).
- The Pacers rank second in points off turnovers per game (19.0) while the Hornets rank 17th (16.1).
- Indiana ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (44.4) while Charlotte ranks 18th (49.6).
- Indiana ranks 14th in second chance points per game (13.3) while Charlotte ranks 18th in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- The Pacers rank eighth in assists per game (25.6) while the Hornets rank 27th in assists allowed per game (26.0).
- The Pacers rank 16th in blocks allowed per game (5.0) while the Hornets rank 28th (6.0).
- Indiana ranks third in steals per game (8.6) while Charlotte ranks 21st (7.1).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Charlotte is 13-4 and Indiana is 27-6.
- The Pacers are 46-19 when they score above 100 points, while the Hornets are 40-31.