The winless Indiana Pacers (0-3), 3.5-point underdogs, travel to Barclays Center to challenge the Brooklyn Nets (1-2). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 221.5 points and it will air on YES Network at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
Indiana Pacers at Brooklyn Nets Betting Odds
In their last game, the Nets (4-point favorites) were defeated by the Memphis Grizzlies, 134-133, while the Pacers (1.5-point favorites) fell to the Detroit Pistons, 96-94. The Brooklyn game went 42 points over the projected point total of 225, while the Indiana game finished 23 points under the projected point total of 213.
Indiana had a much better turnover percentage (6.6 vs. 19.0) while Brooklyn did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (30-37; 81.1 percent). Kyrie Irving had a solid outing for Brooklyn with 37 points, seven rebounds and seven assists. Meanwhile, Domantas Sabonis led the way for Indiana, recording 21 points and 14 rebounds.
The Pacers edged out the Nets in this series last year, winning two out of three contests. In the most recent game, Brooklyn won 108-96. Brooklyn’s 0.193 free throw rate was their largest strength over Indiana, who had a mark of 0.047.
The Pacers have had records of 48-37 straight up (SU) and 52-39-1 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Since last season, Indiana games have finished under the O/U total 59.8 percent of the time.
Meanwhile, the Nets, are 43-42 SU and 46-38-1 ATS since last season. Brooklyn’s games have finished under the O/U total 51.8 percent of the time over that same stretch.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the Brooklyn offense. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, Brooklyn ranks 24th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 13.9 percent), while the pesky defense of Indiana has forced the most turnovers in the NBA (15.1 percent).
Pacers at Nets ATS Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Pacers rank 19th in blocks per game (4.8) while the Nets rank 27th (4.1).
- Indiana ranks third in steals per game (8.7) while Brooklyn ranks 27th (6.7).
- The Pacers average 19.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks second in the league. The Nets rank 24th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.4).
- Brooklyn ranks 10th in rebounds per game (46.3) while Indiana ranks 26th (42.8).
- Brooklyn ranks fourth in fast break points allowed per game (11.9) while Indiana ranks 16th (13.8).
- The Nets rank fifth in three pointers attempted per game (36.1) while the Pacers rank 29th (25.5).
- The Pacers rank 13th in second chance points per game (13.3) while the Nets rank 28th in second chance points allowed per game (14.6).
- Indiana averages 25.7 assists per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Brooklyn ranks ninth in assists allowed per game (23.9).
- Indiana ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (44.2) while Brooklyn ranks 27th (51.5).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Indiana is 25-6 and Brooklyn is 13-1.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Nets are 43-34 and the Pacers are 43-19.