The Indiana Hoosiers (18-9, 8-8 Big 10) will be at Mackey Arena to square off with the Purdue Boilermakers (14-14, 7-10 Big 10) in a Big 10 matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Indiana Hoosiers at Purdue Boilermakers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Boilermakers lost to the Michigan Wolverines, 71-63, while the Hoosiers were victorious over the ninth-ranked Penn State Nittany Lions, 68-60.
Indiana dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.4 (better than their season average of 16.4) and a free throw rate of 0.315 (above their season average of 0.283). Penn State was 19.3 and 0.264, respectively, for those same stats. Purdue, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.5 vs. 27.3). Trevion Williams had a good performance for Purdue with 18 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Indiana rallied around Trayce Jackson-Davis, who had 13 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Eric Hunter Jr. led the Boilermakers to a 74-62 win. He recorded 12 points and five rebounds. Purdue’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Indiana. The Boilermakers had a rate of 0.308, while the Hoosiers posted a mark of 0.216.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the NCAA’s top rebounding teams face off. The Boilermakers currently rank 18th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.8 percent), while Indiana ranks 46th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.5 percent).
Indiana Hoosiers at Purdue Boilermakers Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Indiana, ATS Winner – Indiana, O/U – Over
- Purdue ranks 165th in three pointers attempted per game (21.5) while Indiana ranks 296th (16.6).
- The Hoosiers are 32nd in the nation with 31.6 rebounds allowed per game while the Boilermakers are 54th with 32.5 rebounds allowed per game.
- Indiana averages 13.0 assists per game, which ranks 150th in the country. Purdue ranks 170th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- The Hoosiers rank 40th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Boilermakers rank 141st in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Purdue ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Indiana ranks 113th (6.3).
- The Hoosiers have been outscored by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 5.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Boilermakers have scored an average of 66.0 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (9.0 above their season average).