Big 10 foes will battle when the Iowa Hawkeyes (12-16, 3-12 Big 10) meet the Indiana Hoosiers (15-12, 8-7 Big 10) at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018.
Indiana Hoosiers at Iowa Hawkeyes Odds Preview
In the Hoosiers last outing, they beat the Illinois Fighting Illini, 78-68. With 14 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks, Indiana’s Juwan Morgan had a good outing. Indiana dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.659 (above their season average of 0.505) and a free throw rate of 0.455 (above their season average of 0.236). For those same stats, Illinois put up marks of 0.444 and 0.370, respectively.
The Hawkeyes are trying to rebound after their 74-59 loss to the No. 22 Michigan Wolverines in their last matchup. Luka Garza was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 10-for-16 shooting. Michigan had a turnover percentage of 7.7 (better than their season average of 12.8). Iowa, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (7-9; 77.8 percent).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Iowa figures to have a considerable advantage. The upper-echelon Hawkeyes offense ranks 63rd in the NCAA in that metric at 0.542, while the Indiana defense is ranked 167th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.502).
Morgan has been excellent over the last five games for Indiana, averaging 21.0 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Hoosiers won 77-64. The Hoosiers played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.227 and a turnover percentage of 11.6. For those same stats, the Hawkeyes were 0.062 and 20.7, respectively. Despite the loss, Brady Ellingson was the games leading scorer with 16 points.
Indiana Hoosiers vs. Iowa Hawkeyes Betting Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Indiana, ATS Winner – Indiana, O/U – Under
- The Hawkeyes rank 70th in rebounds per game (37.8) while the Hoosiers rank 103rd in rebounds allowed per game (33.8).
- Iowa ranks 208th in three pointers attempted per game (20.3) while Indiana ranks 232nd (19.4).
- Indiana ranks 103rd in assists allowed per game (12.9) while Iowa ranks 243rd (16.0).
- The Hawkeyes rank 46th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Hoosiers rank 158th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Indiana ranks 109th in steals per game (6.4) while Iowa ranks 175th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Hawkeyes have been outscored by an average of 9.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Iowa has defeated opponents by an average of 1.0 point.
- During their last five games, the Hoosiers have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.2 points per game (9.2 below their season average).