The Nebraska Cornhuskers (20-9, 11-5 Big 10) can continue a nine-game home winning streak when they take on the Indiana Hoosiers (16-12, 9-7 Big 10) at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Nebraska opened as a 4-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 138.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 20, 2018.
Indiana Hoosiers vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers ATS Preview
In the Hoosiers last game, they won a close one over the Iowa Hawkeyes, 84-82. Robert Johnson was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 10-for-14 shooting. The Hoosiers forced 17 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.684 (above their season average of 0.509).
The Cornhuskers are hoping for a better outcome after their 72-66 loss to the Illinois Fighting Illini in their last game. With 14 points and 10 rebounds, Nebraska’s Isaiah Roby had a solid performance. Illinois held the Cornhuskers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.6 (below their season average of 29.7). Nebraska, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.189 vs. 0.145).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the nations slowest-paced teams battle. Nebraska ranks 268th in possessions per game (67.8) and Indiana is 286th (67.4).
Games involving these teams have typically finished under the projected point total. Indiana games have finished under 57.1 percent of the time, while Nebraska games have gone under 66.7 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Cornhuskers have a substantial advantage. They are 20-9 SU and 20-7 ATS, while the Hoosiers are 16-12 SU and 17-9-2 ATS.
James Palmer Jr. has really been playing well over the last five games for Nebraska, averaging 23.2 points, 5.2 rebounds and 4.6 assists per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Cornhuskers won the lone game last season, 87-83. The Cornhuskers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.0 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.555. For those same stats, the Hoosiers were 20.1 and 0.515, respectively.
Indiana Hoosiers at Nebraska Cornhuskers Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Nebraska, ATS Winner – Nebraska, O/U – Under
- The Cornhuskers rank 25th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Hoosiers rank 116th (6.3).
- Nebraska is 11-2 ATS at home, while Indiana is 5-5-1 ATS on the road.
- The Hoosiers have 7 unders, 3 overs and 1 push in 11 road games.
- The Cornhuskers have 9 unders and 4 overs in 13 home games.
- Nebraska ranks eighth in blocks per game (5.7) while Indiana ranks 162nd in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- The Hoosiers rank 108th in rebounds allowed per game (33.8) while the Cornhuskers rank 261st (38.2).
- Nebraska ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (18.1) while Indiana ranks 115th (21.1).
- Nebraska is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana is 5-0 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Cornhuskers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 4.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hoosiers have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (1.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 62.4 points per game (7.5 below their season average).