The No. 15 Gonzaga Bulldogs (5-1) will be at home in McCarthey Athletic Center when they challenge the Incarnate Word Cardinals (3-2). Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
Incarnate Word Cardinals vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs Odds Preview
The Cardinals got blown out by the Houston Cougars in their last matchup, 97-58. Incarnate Words Simi Socks put together a solid performance, leading both teams in scoring with 17 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Houston launched 18 three pointers, making 10 of them (55.6 percent), while Incarnate Word was 6-22 (27.3 percent).
In the Bulldogs last matchup, they topped the Texas Longhorns, 76-71. Gonzaga rallied around Rui Hachimura, who was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 7-for-14 shooting. The Bulldogs had a better free throw rate (0.228 vs. 0.164) and held the Longhorns to an effective field goal percentage of 0.448 (below their season average of 0.511).
The high-octane offense of Gonzaga will face off against the porous defense of Incarnate Word. Since last season, the Bulldogs rank ninth in offensive efficiency, while the Cardinals are 258th in defensive efficiency. The Bulldogs figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. Additionally, the Cardinals rank 11th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.312), while the Bulldogs rank 20th in opponents FTA rate (0.186).
Incarnate Word Cardinals vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Gonzaga, ATS Winner – Gonzaga, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 50th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Cardinals rank 192nd in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Incarnate Word ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (17.0) while Gonzaga ranks 118th (20.5).
- Gonzaga averages 41.1 rebounds per game, which ranks fifth in the nation. Incarnate Word ranks 309th in rebounds allowed per game (39.6).
- The Bulldogs rank fourth in assists allowed per game (10.0) while the Cardinals rank 185th (13.6).
- Gonzaga ranks 51st in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Incarnate Word ranks 231st (6.9).