The Houston Cougars (3-1) will be at home in Health & PE Center when they go head-to-head against the Incarnate Word Cardinals (3-1). Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
Incarnate Word Cardinals at Houston Cougars Odds Preview
In the Cardinals last outing, they fell to the Loyola Marymount Lions, 91-87. Incarnate Words Shawn Johnson recorded 18 points and nine rebounds in the game. Loyola Marymount had an offensive rebounding percentage of 61.3 (above their season average of 43.3). Incarnate Word, meanwhile, forced the Lions into a turnover percentage of 21.6 (above their season average of 15.9).
The Cougars will look to keep it rolling after topping the Wake Forest Demon Deacons in their last outing, 78-73. Devin Davis had a good outing for Houston, contributing 17 points and 10 rebounds. Houston played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.3 (better than their season average of 15.1) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 (above their season average of 39.3). Wake Forest was 19.4 and 32.4, respectively, for those same stats.
Houston figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. Since the 2016-17 season, the Cougars rank 44th in offensive efficiency, while the Cardinals rank 245th in defensive efficiency. Contrasting styles will be on display in this matchup. The up-and-down Cardinals rank 40th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Cougars rank 326th.
Incarnate Word Cardinals vs. Houston Cougars Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Houston, ATS Winner – Houston, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cardinals rank 12th in three pointers allowed per game (17.0) while the Cougars rank 160th (21.3).
- Incarnate Word ranks 18th in blocks per game (5.2) while Houston ranks 138th (3.4).
- Houston ranks 16th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while Incarnate Word ranks 221st (6.8).
- The Cougars rank 135th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6) while the Cardinals rank 311th (39.4).
- Houston ranks 24th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while Incarnate Word ranks 174th (13.4).