The Illinois State Redbirds (9-7, 2-1 MVC) will be at the Joseph J. Gentile Center to meet the Loyola Chicago Ramblers (9-7, 2-1 MVC) in a MVC matchup. The game starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019, and will air on ESPN2.
Illinois State Redbirds at Loyola Chicago Ramblers ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Ramblers got blown out by the Evansville Aces, 67-48, while the Redbirds won a close one over the UNI Panthers, 70-69.
The Redbirds had 8 steals and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.574 (above their season average of 0.499). Loyola Chicago, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (9-12; 75.0 percent). Loyola Chicago received a boost from Franklin Agunanne, who had 13 points. Phil Fayne, meanwhile was a key piece for Illinois State with 19 points and seven rebounds.
The Ramblers dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in all three games. In the most recent matchup, Loyola Chicago won 65-49. Loyola Chicago’s 0.226 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Illinois State, who had a rate of 0.030. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Loyola Chicago appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Ramblers rank 34th in effective field goal percentage (0.559), while Illinois State ranks 189th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.500). Also, second chance points figure to be rare for the Redbirds. They rank 298th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 25.3 percent, while the Ramblers are the best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 80.1 percent).
Illinois State Redbirds at Loyola Chicago Ramblers ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Loyola Chicago, ATS Winner – Illinois State, O/U – Under
- Loyola Chicago ranks 19th in rebounds allowed per game (30.8) while Illinois State ranks 214th (38.1).
- The Ramblers average 14.8 assists per game, which ranks 77th in the NCAA. The Redbirds rank 177th in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- The Redbirds rank 95th in three pointers attempted per game (24.2) while the Ramblers rank 240th (18.4).
- Illinois State ranks 12th in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while Loyola Chicago ranks 112th (3.8).
- During their last five games, the Redbirds have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (7.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (8.5 below their season average).
- The Ramblers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.4, up from 7.5 for the season.