The Loyola Chicago Ramblers (24-5, 14-3 MVC) and Illinois State Redbirds (16-13, 10-7 MVC) will battle at Joseph J. Gentile Center to bring the regular season to a conclusion. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Illinois State Redbirds at Loyola Chicago Ramblers ATS Preview
In the Redbirds last matchup, they defeated the Drake Bulldogs, 89-81. With 22 points, 10 rebounds and five assists, Milik Yarbrough had a solid game for Illinois State. The Redbirds held the Bulldogs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.408 (below their season average of 0.524) and had a free throw rate of 0.269 (above their season average of 0.230).
The Ramblers come in on a high note after blowing out the Southern Illinois Salukis in their last game, 75-56. Loyola Chicago rallied around Clayton Custer, who was the teams leading scorer with 16 points on 6-for-10 shooting. The Ramblers had 9 steals and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.657 (above their season average of 0.587).
Loyola Chicago appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Ramblers rank 61st in offensive efficiency, while Illinois State ranks 220th in defensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Redbirds rank 273rd in offensive rebounding percentage (26.1 percent), while the Ramblers rank 57th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.3 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Ramblers won 68-61. The Ramblers played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.364 and a turnover percentage of 22.4. The Redbirds were 0.102 and 25.2, respectively, for those same stats. Custer was a top performer in the victory, with 14 points.
Illinois State Redbirds vs. Loyola Chicago Ramblers Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Illinois State, ATS Winner – Illinois State, O/U – Under
- The Redbirds rank 91st in steals per game (6.7) while the Ramblers rank 132nd in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Illinois State averages 3.9 blocks per game, which ranks 74th in the nation. Loyola Chicago ranks 78th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- Loyola Chicago ranks eighth in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while Illinois State ranks 283rd (39.1).
- The Redbirds rank 24th in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while the Ramblers rank 273rd (18.0).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 42nd in assists per game (15.8) while Illinois State ranks 193rd in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- The Ramblers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 10.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Redbirds have scored an average of 72.0 points per game (0.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (0.4 below their season average).