The FGCU Eagles and Illinois State Redbirds will battle at Alico Arena to commence the new season. Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Illinois State Redbirds at FGCU Eagles Odds Preview
FGCU was a 14 seed in the tournament last season and was defeated in the First Round by the Florida State Seminoles. The Eagles went 26-7 in the regular season. Illinois State, meanwhile, did not reach the tournament following a 27-6 regular season campaign.
This battle pits one of the nation’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. FGCU ranked 20th in offensive efficiency and Illinois State was ninth in defensive efficiency in the 2016-17 season.
Illinois State Redbirds at FGCU Eagles Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – FGCU, ATS Winner – FGCU, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Redbirds average 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 63rd in the nation. The Eagles rank 134th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- Illinois State ranks 24th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while FGCU ranks 79th (12.1).
- Illinois State ranks 97th in three pointers attempted per game (22.8) while FGCU ranks 251st (18.7).
- The Redbirds rank 26th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Eagles rank 140th (3.4).
- FGCU ranks 27th in rebounds allowed per game (31.9) while Illinois State ranks 127th (34.4).