The Evansville Aces (9-21, 0-17 MVC) welcome the Illinois State Redbirds (9-20, 4-13 MVC) to Ford Center as the regular season finishes up. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Illinois State Redbirds at Evansville Aces Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Aces were blown out by the UNI Panthers, 84-64, while the Redbirds lost a close one to the Bradley Braves, 74-71.
Illinois State did a great job of getting and making free throws (25-30; 83.3 percent) while Evansville did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (11-12; 91.7 percent). Evan Kuhlman led the way for Evansville, putting up 13 points. Meanwhile, Keith Fisher III played a pivotal role for Illinois State with 23 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Zach Copeland led the Redbirds to a 77-66 win. He recorded 11 points, seven rebounds and seven assists. The Redbirds’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Aces. Illinois State had a rate of 8.4, while Evansville posted a mark of 18.7.
Second-chance opportunities could be few and far between for Illinois State in this meeting. The Redbirds rank 256th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.0 percent), while Evansville ranks 90th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.1 percent).
Illinois State at Evansville ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Evansville, ATS Winner – Evansville, O/U – Over
- Evansville ranks 14th in three pointers allowed per game (16.9) while Illinois State ranks 162nd (21.8).
- The Aces are 20th in the country with 2.4 blocks allowed per game while the Redbirds are 39th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- The Aces rank 38th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Redbirds rank 141st (6.6).
- Illinois State ranks 227th in rebounds per game (33.3) while Evansville ranks 275th (31.4).
- The Redbirds’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.0, up from 4.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aces have scored an average of 65.0 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (0.6 above their season average).