A 13-game home winning streak is on the line for the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (17-8, 8-6 Big 10) when they challenge the 22nd-ranked Illinois Fighting Illini (16-8, 8-5 Big 10) at Louis Brown Athletic Center. Action starts at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Illinois Fighting Illini at Rutgers Scarlet Knights ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Scarlet Knights lost to the Ohio State Buckeyes, 72-66, while the Fighting Illini lost a close one to the Michigan State Spartans, 70-69.
Illinois did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (20-25; 80.0 percent) while Rutgers had an effective field goal percentage of 0.552 (above their season average of 0.491). Rutgers’ Jacob Young led the way, contributing 17 points. Meanwhile, Illinois rallied around Ayo Dosunmu, who contributed 17 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Kofi Cockburn led the Fighting Illini to a 54-51 win. He registered a double-double with 11 points and 17 rebounds. Converting at the free throw line was one of Illinois’ biggest strengths. They were 16-19 (84.2 percent), while the Scarlet Knights were just 3-8 (37.5 percent).
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Scarlet Knights rank 35th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.5 percent), while Illinois ranks 54th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.2 percent).
Illinois vs. Rutgers Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Rutgers, ATS Winner – Rutgers, O/U – Under
- Rutgers ranks 29th in blocks per game (4.6) while Illinois ranks 143rd (2.8).
- The Scarlet Knights rank 256th in three pointers attempted per game (18.1) while the Fighting Illini rank 263rd (17.8).
- The Fighting Illini rank 15th in rebounds per game (40.3) while the Scarlet Knights rank 104th in rebounds allowed per game (33.8).
- Illinois ranks 47th in assists allowed per game (11.0) while Rutgers ranks 113th (12.2).
- During their last five games, the Fighting Illini have scored an average of 64.6 points per game (9.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (1.1 above their season average).
- The Scarlet Knights have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Rutgers has defeated opponents by an average of 8.6 points.