The Grand Canyon Antelopes (0-1) will be at home in Grand Canyon University Arena when they meet the Illinois Fighting Illini (1-0). Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019.
Illinois Fighting Illini at Grand Canyon Antelopes ATS Odds
In their last game, the Antelopes lost to the Davenport University Panthers, 82-73, while the Fighting Illini beat the Nicholls Colonels, 78-70.
Illinois played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 54.1 and a free throw rate of 0.311. Nicholls had marks of 15.4 and 0.121, respectively, for those same stats. Grand Canyon, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (15-19; 78.9 percent). Carlos Johnson put together a good performance for Grand Canyon with 22 points and 10 rebounds. Illinois, meanwhile, rallied around Andres Feliz, who contributed 23 points and 11 rebounds.
The offense of Illinois will battle against the top-notch defense of Grand Canyon. Since last season, the Fighting Illini rank 242nd in offensive efficiency, while the Antelopes are 100th in defensive efficiency. The Antelopes should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Illinois Fighting Illini vs. Grand Canyon Antelopes Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Grand Canyon, ATS Winner – Grand Canyon, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Grand Canyon ranks 33rd in assists allowed per game (10.9) while Illinois ranks 208th (13.7).
- The Fighting Illini rank 40th in three pointers allowed per game (19.7) while the Antelopes rank 72nd (20.5).
- Illinois averages 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 53rd in the country. Grand Canyon ranks 59th in steals allowed per game (5.5).
- The Antelopes rank 127th in rebounds per game (36.2) while the Fighting Illini rank 247th (33.6).
- Illinois ranks 203rd in blocks per game (2.6) while Grand Canyon ranks 242nd (2.2).