The Idaho Vandals (4-13, 1-5 BigSky) will be at The Hornets Nest to square off with the Sacramento State Hornets (7-8, 1-5 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. Action begins at 10:05 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Idaho Vandals vs. Sacramento State Hornets Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Hornets lost to the Southern Utah Thunderbirds, 76-71, while the Vandals lost big to the Montana Grizzlies, 69-51.
Idaho did a fantastic job of making free throws (6-7; 85.7 percent) while Sacramento State had a turnover percentage of 11.7 (better than their season average of 17.7). Marcus Graves had a good outing for Sacramento State, recording 24 points and five assists. Idaho, meanwhile, rallied around Trevon Allen, who put up 24 points and six rebounds.
The Vandals dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent game, Idaho won 81-58. The Vandals’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Hornets. Idaho had a rate of 39.3, while Sacramento State posted a mark of 28.6. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Sacramento State may have trouble getting to the foul line in this matchup. The Hornets currently rank 273rd in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.205, while Idaho ranks 80th in FTA rate allowed (0.203).
Idaho at Sacramento State Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Sacramento State, ATS Winner – Idaho, O/U – Over
- Sacramento State ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while Idaho ranks 246th (25.8).
- The Hornets average 35.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 155th in the country. The Vandals rank 185th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- The Hornets rank 30th in steals per game (8.2) while the Vandals rank 198th (4.5).
- Sacramento State ranks 113th in assists per game (14.0) while Idaho ranks 200th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- The Hornets have been outscored by an average of 10.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Sacramento State has defeated opponents by an average of 1.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Vandals have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (0.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.6 points per game (4.3 above their season average).