The Idaho Vandals (7-17, 3-10 BigSky) will be at The Viking Pavilion to take on the Portland State Vikings (12-14, 6-8 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. Action gets underway at 10:05 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, 2020.
Idaho Vandals at Portland State Vikings Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Vikings were beaten by the Eastern Washington Eagles, 89-81, while the Vandals edged the Eastern Washington Eagles, 74-71.
The Vandals had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 31.4 (above their season average of 23.3) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.552 (above their season average of 0.485). Portland State, meanwhile, forced Eastern Washington into a turnover percentage of 23.7 (above their season average of 15.8). Portland State’s Matt Hauser had a good outing, putting up 24 points and five assists. Idaho, meanwhile, rallied around Trevon Allen, who contributed 32 points, 11 rebounds and seven steals.
In their first matchup this season, Allen led the Vandals to a 72-61 win. He scored a game-high 20 points. The Vandals’ 14.4 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Vikings, who had a mark of 24.7.
Portland State should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Vikings rank 87th in offensive efficiency, while the Vandals rank 199th in defensive efficiency.
Idaho vs. Portland State ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Portland State, ATS Winner – Portland State, O/U – Under
- Portland State ranks 45th in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while Idaho ranks 224th (23.7).
- The Vandals rank 191st in assists per game (12.3) while the Vikings rank 260th in assists allowed per game (16.0).
- Portland State ranks 84th in rebounds per game (37.3) while Idaho ranks 135th in rebounds allowed per game (34.8).
- The Vikings average 8.6 steals per game, which ranks 20th in the NCAA. The Vandals rank 165th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Portland State ranks 48th in blocks per game (4.2) while Idaho ranks 181st (2.3).
- The Vikings have been outscored by an average of 3.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Portland State has defeated opponents by an average of 1.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Vandals have scored an average of 66.8 points per game (0.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.0 points per game (0.5 above their season average).