The Bakersfield Roadrunners (3-2) and the Idaho Vandals (3-1) clash in the Great Alaska Shootout at Alaska Airlines Center. Action begins at 12 a.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Idaho Vandals vs. Bakersfield Roadrunners ATS Preview
The Vandals beat the Santa Clara Broncos in their last contest, 69-59. Victor Sanders was the games leading scorer with 24 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Idaho dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.573 (above their season average of 0.503) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.2 (below their season average of 30.2). For those same stats, Santa Clara recorded marks of 0.450 and 17.6, respectively.
In the Roadrunners last matchup, they thoroughly outplayed the Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves, 59-39. Rickey Holden played well for Bakersfield, recording 14 points and five rebounds. Bakersfield dominated every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.6 (below their season average of 40.9) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.454 (below their season average of 0.480). For those same stats, Alaska-Anchorage was 20.0 and 0.306, respectively.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Roadrunners rank 30th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 percent), while Idaho ranks 21st in defensive rebounding percentage (75.0 percent) dating back to the 2016-17 season. Additionally, the Vandals have been among the NCAAs best at getting to the line, ranking 24th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.298). The Roadrunners, meanhwile, rank 335th in opponents FTA rate (0.318).
Idaho Vandals vs. Bakersfield Roadrunners Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Idaho, ATS Winner – Idaho, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Vandals rank 50th in rebounds allowed per game (32.8) while the Roadrunners rank 135th (34.6).
- Bakersfield ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while Idaho ranks 89th (12.3).
- Bakersfield ranks 24th in steals per game (7.9) while Idaho ranks 269th (5.0).
- The Roadrunners rank 93rd in blocks per game (3.9) while the Vandals rank 242nd (2.5).
- Bakersfield ranks 192nd in three pointers allowed per game (21.8) while Idaho ranks 281st (24.1).