The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (14-14, 7-10 BigSky) wrap up their home schedule at America First Event Center against the Idaho Vandals (7-21, 3-14 BigSky). Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Idaho Vandals at Southern Utah Thunderbirds Betting Odds
Both teams got blown out in their last matchup. The Thunderbirds fell to the Eastern Washington Eagles, 69-51, while the Vandals were defeated by the Northern Colorado Bears, 93-49.
Idaho had a better free throw rate (0.160 vs. 0.175) while Southern Utah did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (12-16; 75.0 percent). John Knight III played well for Southern Utah with 13 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Trevon Allen played well for Idaho, recording 14 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Adams led the Thunderbirds to a 73-45 victory. He notched a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Southern Utah had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.596 vs. 0.279). Idaho, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.180 vs. 0.088).
When considering effective field goal percentage, Southern Utah figures to have a substantial advantage. The Thunderbirds defense ranks 13th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.445), while the Idaho offense is ranked 273rd in effective field goal percentage (0.480). Also, the Vandals, who rank 297th in offensive rebounding percentage (24.1 percent), will battle against the Thunderbirds, who rank 18th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.0 percent).
Idaho Vandals at Southern Utah Thunderbirds ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Southern Utah, ATS Winner – Southern Utah, O/U – Under
- Southern Utah ranks 54th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while Idaho ranks 225th (14.2).
- The Thunderbirds rank 88th in steals per game (7.0) while the Vandals rank 202nd in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- Southern Utah ranks 47th in rebounds allowed per game (32.3) while Idaho ranks 143rd (35.0).
- The Thunderbirds rank 44th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Vandals rank 188th (2.3).
- Southern Utah ranks 97th in three pointers allowed per game (20.3) while Idaho ranks 226th (23.5).
- The Vandals’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 18.0, up from 7.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Thunderbirds have scored an average of 62.4 points per game (9.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.2 points per game (8.3 above their season average).