The Nevada Wolf Pack and Idaho Vandals will clash at Lawlor Events Center to commence the new season. Nevada opened as a 9.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 150 points. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Idaho Vandals at Nevada Wolf Pack Betting Preview
Nevada was a 12 seed in the tournament last season and lost in the First Round to the Iowa State Cyclones. The Wolf Pack went 28-6 in the regular season. Idaho, meanwhile, failed to make the tournament following an 18-13 regular season campaign.
The physical Nevada offense seems poised to dominate from the foul line. The Wolf Pack ranked 43rd in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.291, while Idaho ranked 332nd in FTA rate allowed (0.313) in the 2016-17 season.
The Vandals were 18-13 straight up (SU) last season, but struggled covering the spread (16-14 against the spread (ATS)). Of Idaho’s 30 games with betting action last season, 16 finished over the projected point total.
The Wolf Pack, meanwhile, were 28-6 SU and 23-10-2 ATS last season. In accordance with Idaho, Nevada games had a tendency to finish over the projected point total (51.4 percent).
Idaho Vandals at Nevada Wolf Pack Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nevada, ATS Winner – Nevada, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wolf Pack rank 37th in rebounds per game (38.6) while the Vandals rank 109th (36.8).
- Nevada ranks 220th in steals per game (5.4) while Idaho ranks 251st (5.0).
- Nevada ranks 63rd in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while Idaho ranks 276th in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- The Wolf Pack rank 59th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Vandals rank 231st (2.5).
- Nevada ranks 32nd in assists per game (16.0) while Idaho ranks 200th (12.8).