The Washington State Cougars (2-0) will be at home in Wallis Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum when they go head-to-head against the Idaho State Bengals (0-2). Washington State is an 11.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 150 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Idaho State Bengals vs. Washington State Cougars ATS Preview
The last time the Bengals played, they fell to the Utah Valley Wolverines, 84-71. With 28 points on 9-for-16 shooting, Brandon Boyd was the games high scorer. Utah Valley had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.7 vs. 10.0). Idaho State, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.155 vs. 0.138).
The Cougars will look to maintain momentum after defeating the Seattle Redhawks in their last game, 75-59. With 26 points on 8-for-10 shooting, Carter Skaggs was the top scorer from either team. The Cougars had a better free throw rate (0.193 vs. 0.100) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.561 vs. 0.371).
Washington State could struggle to create turnovers. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Idaho State ranks 209th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 19.1 percent), while Washington State has forced the sixth-fewest turnovers (15.1 percent).
Since last season, the Bengals have had records of 5-28 straight up (SU) and 8-19-1 against the spread (ATS). A little over half of Idaho State games have finished under the projected point total since last season.
The Cougars, meanwhile, have records of 15-18 SU and 16-13 ATS since last season. Washington States games have had a tendency to go under the projected point total over that same time frame (62.1 percent).
Idaho State Bengals at Washington State Cougars ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Washington State, ATS Winner – Washington State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bengals rank 315th in rebounds per game (29.5) while the Cougars rank 225th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- Washington State ranks 221st in blocks per game (2.6) while Idaho State ranks 245th (2.4).
- Idaho State ranks 54th in steals per game (7.3) while Washington State ranks 281st (4.4).
- The Cougars rank 93rd in assists per game (14.6) while the Bengals rank 314th (10.3).
- Idaho State ranks 163rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.2) while Washington State ranks 270th in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).