The Idaho State Bengals (0-3) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first win when they go head-to-head against the San Jose State Spartans (1-3) at San Jose State Event Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 151 points with San Jose State set as a 6-point favorite. Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Idaho State Bengals at San Jose State Spartans Free Preview
The Bengals lost big to the Washington State Cougars in their last outing, 83-62. Idaho States Balint Mocsan had a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 9-for-14 shooting. Washington State was lights out from beyond the arc (15-34; 44.1 percent). Idaho State, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.102 vs. 0.067).
In the Spartans last matchup, they were blown out by the No. 21 Saint Marys Gaels, 79-61. Ryan Welage was San Jose States high scorer with 20 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Saint Marys had a much better turnover percentage (7.4 vs. 13.0). San Jose State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (31.3 vs. 26.9).
It could be a tough game for Idaho State on the offensive glass. Dating back to last season, the Bengals rank 338th in offensive rebounding percentage (21.8 percent), while San Jose State ranks 13th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.8 percent).
The Bengals have had records of 5-29 straight up (SU) and 8-20-1 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Since last season, Idaho State games have finished under the projected point total 55.2 percent of the time.
Meanwhile, the Spartans, have records of 15-19 SU and 13-18 ATS since last season. Over that same period, games featuring San Jose State have finished over the projected point total 54.8 percent of the time.
Idaho State Bengals vs. San Jose State Spartans Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – San Jose State, ATS Winner – San Jose State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Spartans rank 86th in rebounds allowed per game (33.7) while the Bengals rank 245th (37.2).
- Idaho State averages 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 56th in the NCAA. San Jose State ranks 125th in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- San Jose State ranks 41st in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Idaho State ranks 279th (23.9).
- The Spartans rank 126th in assists per game (14.1) while the Bengals rank 312th (10.3).
- San Jose State ranks 71st in blocks per game (4.1) while Idaho State ranks 253rd (2.4).