A five-game home winning streak is on the line for the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos (8-3) when they take on the Idaho State Bengals (4-4) at Thunderdome. The game is scheduled to start at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
Idaho State Bengals vs. UC Santa Barbara Gauchos Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Gauchos were victorious over the Wyoming Cowboys, 76-66, while the Bengals got blown out by the third-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs, 120-79.
UC Santa Barbara dominated nearly every stat category in the contest. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.585 and a free throw rate of 0.447. Wyoming was 0.405 and 0.328, respectively, for those same stats. Idaho State, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.500 vs. 0.643). UC Santa Barbara was lifted by Jaquori McLaughlin, who finished with 17 points. Brandon Boyd, meanwhile led the way for Idaho State, contributing 15 points and seven assists.
UC Santa Barbara figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. Since last season, the Gauchos rank 64th in offensive efficiency, while the Bengals rank 297th in defensive efficiency.
Idaho State Bengals at UC Santa Barbara Gauchos ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – UC Santa Barbara, ATS Winner – Idaho State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Idaho State ranks 141st in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while UC Santa Barbara ranks 241st (20.3).
- The Gauchos are 15th in the NCAA with 3.9 steals allowed per game while the Bengals are 55th with 5.7 steals allowed per game.
- UC Santa Barbara allows the 28th-fewest blocks per game (2.5) while Idaho State ranks 51st (2.9).
- The Gauchos rank 24th in rebounds allowed per game (33.0) while the Bengals rank 123rd (34.8).
- UC Santa Barbara ranks 44th in assists allowed per game (13.2) while Idaho State ranks 107th (12.8).