The Pepperdine Waves (3-6) welcome the Idaho State Bengals (3-3) to Firestone Fieldhouse. The Waves will attempt to snap their five-game losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, December 6, 2019.
Idaho State Bengals at Pepperdine Waves ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Waves lost a winnable game to the Providence Friars, 80-77, while the Bengals won big over the West Coast Baptist Eagles, 102-43.
Idaho State played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.131 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 35.8). For those same stats, West Coast Baptist recorded marks of 0.054 and 17.1, respectively. Pepperdine, meanwhile, forced Providence into a turnover percentage of 18.9 (above their season average of 15.4). Pepperdine was led by Colbey Ross, who recorded 29 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Chidi Udengwu had a solid performance for Idaho State, finishing with 13 points and 12 rebounds.
The Waves won the lone game between these two teams last season, 97-82. The Waves’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Bengals. Pepperdine had a rate of 3.6, while Idaho State posted a mark of 19.6.
The prolific offense of Pepperdine will face off against the mid-tier defense of Idaho State. Since last season, the Waves rank 67th in offensive efficiency, while the Bengals are 343rd in defensive efficiency. The Waves should have the edge on that end of the court.
Idaho State Bengals at Pepperdine Waves ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Pepperdine, ATS Winner – Pepperdine, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Idaho State ranks 26th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Pepperdine ranks 238th (6.4).
- The Waves rank 25th in three pointers allowed per game (21.7) while the Bengals rank 104th (20.9).
- Pepperdine allows the fifth-fewest blocks per game (3.0) while Idaho State ranks 41st (2.7).
- The Waves rank 50th in assists per game (14.3) while the Bengals rank 230th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Idaho State ranks 60th in rebounds allowed per game (32.9) while Pepperdine ranks 225th (35.6).