The Arizona State Sun Devils and Idaho State Bengals will battle at Wells-Fargo Arena to open the new season. Arizona State opened as a 19.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 157 points. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Idaho State Bengals at Arizona State Sun Devils Betting Preview
Neither team made the tournament last season. Arizona State went 15-18 in the regular season while Idaho State finished 5-26.
The productive offense of Arizona State will clash against the mid-tier defense of Idaho State. In the 2016-17 season, the Sun Devils ranked 97th in offensive efficiency, while the Bengals were 340th in defensive efficiency. The Sun Devils should have the edge on that end of the court.
Last season, the Bengals had records of 5-26 straight up (SU) and 8-19 against the spread (ATS). Of Idaho State’s 27 games with betting action last year, 15 finished under the O/U total.
The Sun Devils, meanwhile, owned records of 15-18 SU and 15-16-1 ATS last season. Contrary to Idaho State, Arizona State games finished over the projected point total 59.4 percent of the time.
Idaho State Bengals vs. Arizona State Sun Devils Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arizona State, ATS Winner – Idaho State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Sun Devils rank 157th in blocks per game (3.2) while the Bengals rank 240th (2.4).
- Idaho State ranks 253rd in rebounds allowed per game (37.2) while Arizona State ranks 307th (39.7).
- Arizona State averages 27.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 10th in the NCAA. Idaho State ranks 267th in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).
- The Sun Devils rank 40th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Bengals rank 190th (6.7).
- Arizona State ranks 185th in assists per game (13.0) while Idaho State ranks 303rd (10.2).