The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-1) will be at home in Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center when they challenge the Howard Bison (0-2). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019, and can be seen on ACC Network.
Howard Bison vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish ATS Odds
In their last game, the Fighting Irish had no trouble getting past the Robert Morris Colonials, 92-57, while the Bison fell to the George Washington Colonials, 76-62.
Notre Dame played a flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.407 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.648. For those same stats, Robert Morris was 0.065 and 0.427, respectively. Howard, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.241 vs. 0.246). Notre Dame received a boost from John Mooney, who finished with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Charles Williams had a good outing for Howard, recording 21 points.
Howard may struggle to create turnovers. Since last season, Notre Dame ranks third in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.9 percent), while Howard has forced the 123rd-most turnovers (19.8 percent). This contest should be a showdown of conflicting tempos. The fast-paced Bison rank 21st in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Fighting Irish rank 312th.
Howard Bison vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Notre Dame, ATS Winner – Howard, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Notre Dame ranks 42nd in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while Howard ranks 263rd (19.7).
- The Fighting Irish rank 16th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Bison rank 70th (5.6).
- Notre Dame ranks 46th in blocks per game (4.4) while Howard ranks 69th (4.1).
- The Bison average 37.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 92nd in the NCAA. The Fighting Irish rank 313th in rebounds allowed per game (39.0).
- Notre Dame ranks 140th in assists allowed per game (12.9) while Howard ranks 233rd (14.4).