The Howard Bison (0-6) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first win when they square off against the Liberty Flames (4-2) at Vines Center. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 27, 2017.
Howard Bison at Liberty Flames Free Preview
The Bison got blown out by the South Florida Bulls in their last game, 75-52. RJ Cole had a solid performance for Howard, leading both teams in scoring with 17 points on 5-for-14 shooting. South Florida had a better free throw rate (0.250 vs. 0.150). Howard, on the other hand, forced the Bulls into a turnover percentage of 22.6 (above their season average of 18.9).
In the Flames last game, they blew out the Toccoa Falls Eagles, 96-50. Scottie James fueled Liberty with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Liberty dominated every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 47.1 (above their season average of 25.3) and a free throw rate of 0.200 (below their season average of 0.360). For those same stats, Toccoa Falls was 8.8 and 0.096, respectively.
Liberty figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. Since last season, the Flames rank 98th in effective field goal percentage (0.528), while Howard ranks 202nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.506). Furthermore, the Bison rank 314th in turnover percentage (21.1 percent), while the Flames rank 22nd in opponents turnover percentage (22.3 percent).
Howard Bison at Liberty Flames Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Howard, ATS Winner – Howard, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Flames rank seventh in steals allowed per game (4.7) while the Bison rank 206th (6.5).
- Howard ranks 129th in blocks per game (3.5) while Liberty ranks 278th (2.0).
- Liberty ranks 54th in rebounds allowed per game (33.0) while Howard ranks 301st (38.9).
- The Flames rank 17th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Bison rank 258th (14.9).
- Liberty ranks 45th in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while Howard ranks 259th (18.7).