The Florida A&M Rattlers (1-15), who are currently on an 11-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Howard Bison (2-13) to Al Lawson Center. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 3, 2018.
Howard Bison at Florida A&M Rattlers Free Preview
The Bison lost big to the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors in their last game, 84-59. With 22 points on 6-for-15 shooting, RJ Cole led Howard in scoring. Hawaii out-rebounded Howard. The Rainbow Warriors had nine offensive rebounds and 34 total rebounds, while the Bison had four and 23, respectively.
The last time the Rattlers played, they were dismantled by the Ball State Cardinals, 75-54. Desmond Williams was the games leading scorer with 20 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Making free throws was one of Ball State’s biggest advantages. They were 17-20 (85.0 percent), while the Rattlers were just 8-13 (61.5 percent).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Rattlers won both meetings played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, Florida A&M won 71-62. The Rattlers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.327 and a turnover percentage of 16.5. For those same stats, the Bison were 0.189 and 19.6, respectively.
Howard Bison vs. Florida A&M Rattlers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Howard, ATS Winner – Howard, O/U – Over
- The Bison rank 211th in assists per game (11.9) while the Rattlers rank 231st (11.0).
- Florida A&M ranks 89th in blocks per game (3.7) while Howard ranks 103rd in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Howard ranks 105th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while Florida A&M ranks 252nd (17.3).
- The Bison average 6.2 steals per game, which ranks 117th in the NCAA. The Rattlers rank 168th in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- Florida A&M ranks 204th in rebounds allowed per game (37.8) while Howard ranks 254th (40.5).
- The Rattlers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 17.2, down from 18.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 62.8 points per game (4.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (7.5 below their season average).