The Howard Bison (0-5) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first win when they challenge the South Florida Bulls (2-2) at USF Sun Dome. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Howard Bison vs. South Florida Bulls Odds Preview
The Bison lost to the Arkansas State Red Wolves in their last game, 92-78. Howards Charles Williams had a solid game, leading both teams in scoring with 30 points on 10-for-21 shooting. Arkansas State held the Bison to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.1 (below their season average of 26.7). Howard, meanwhile, forced the Red Wolves into a turnover percentage of 20.7 (above the 16.7 mark opponents have averaged against Howard this season).
In the Bulls last game, they were beaten by the Indiana Hoosiers, 70-53. Payton Banks was South Floridas high scorer with 18 points on 6-for-14 shooting. One of Indianas biggest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They had 25 free throw attempts, while South Florida had 17.
The aggressive Howard offense seems poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Bison rank 42nd in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.288, while South Florida ranks 267th in FTA rate allowed (0.272) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Howard Bison at South Florida Bulls Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Howard, ATS Winner – Howard, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bison rank 201st in steals allowed per game (6.6) while the Bulls rank 277th (7.9).
- South Florida ranks 244th in assists per game (12.2) while Howard ranks 318th (9.3).
- Howard ranks 135th in blocks allowed per game (3.4) while South Florida ranks 247th (4.4).
- The Bison average 36.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 140th in the nation. The Bulls rank 230th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- Howard ranks 179th in three pointers allowed per game (21.6) while South Florida ranks 256th (23.0).