The Howard Bison (2-25, 0-12 MEAC) and the North Carolina Central Eagles (13-13, 9-3 MEAC) clash at McDougald-McLendon Gymnasium. The Bison look to put an end to their 15-game losing streak. The game gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2020.
Howard Bison vs. North Carolina Central Eagles ATS Odds
In their last game, the Eagles easily got past the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks, 74-55, while the Bison lost to the North Carolina A&T Aggies, 71-67.
North Carolina Central played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 45.9 (above their season average of 28.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (below their season average of 0.504). For those same stats, Maryland Eastern Shore recorded marks of 25.0 and 0.394, respectively. Howard, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.542 (above their season average of 0.479). North Carolina Central rallied around Jibri Blount, who finished with 28 points and 18 rebounds. Wayne Bristol Jr. played a pivotal role for Howard with 26 points and six rebounds.
The Eagles won the lone contest between these two teams last season, 98-90. One of North Carolina Central’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They made 31 trips to the line, while Howard went 21 times. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
North Carolina Central appears to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Eagles currently rank 91st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.473), while Howard is 264th in effective field goal percentage (0.481). It could also be a sloppy game for the Bison’s offense, which ranks 274th in ball security (turnover percentage of 20.4 percent). They’ll be going up against the stingy defense of the Eagles, which forces the seventh-most turnovers in the country (25.5 percent).
Howard Bison at North Carolina Central Eagles Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – North Carolina Central, ATS Winner – North Carolina Central, O/U – Over
- North Carolina Central ranks 84th in assists allowed per game (11.8) while Howard ranks 269th (18.0).
- The Bison rank 161st in three pointers attempted per game (21.7) while the Eagles rank 254th (18.9).
- Howard ranks 48th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while North Carolina Central ranks 92nd (3.1).
- The Eagles rank 139th in rebounds allowed per game (34.9) while the Bison rank 280th (40.3).
- North Carolina Central ranks 16th in steals per game (8.7) while Howard ranks 145th (6.1).
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.6 points per game (3.0 below their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 2.9 for the season.