The Howard Bison (0-4) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first victory when they square off against the Arkansas State Red Wolves (1-2) at Convocation Center. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Howard Bison at Arkansas State Red Wolves Odds Preview
The Bison were beaten by the Eastern Michigan Eagles in their last matchup, 76-66. Howards RJ Cole put up 15 points, seven assists and five rebounds in the game. Eastern Michigan had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 (above their season average of 26.9). Howard, meanwhile, forced the Eagles into a turnover percentage of 21.0 (above their season average of 13.4).
In the Red Wolves last matchup, they were beaten by the Eastern Michigan Eagles, 76-59. Deven Simms was Arkansas States high scorer with 23 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Eastern Michigan had a much better turnover percentage (17.3 vs. 27.1). Arkansas State, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.314 vs. 0.276).
Arkansas State appears to have an edge on the offensive glass in this contest. Since the 2016-17 season, the Red Wolves rank 100th in offensive rebounding percentage (31.6 percent), while Howard ranks 327th in defensive rebounding percentage (66.2 percent). Additionally, the Bison rank 44th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.290), while the Red Wolves rank 307th in opponents FTA rate (0.290).
Howard Bison at Arkansas State Red Wolves ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Howard, ATS Winner – Howard, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bison rank 259th in three pointers attempted per game (18.6) while the Red Wolves rank 284th (17.9).
- Arkansas State ranks 202nd in steals per game (5.6) while Howard ranks 226th (5.3).
- Arkansas State ranks 67th in rebounds allowed per game (33.2) while Howard ranks 288th (38.7).
- The Red Wolves rank 134th in assists allowed per game (12.9) while the Bison rank 263rd (14.8).
- Howard ranks 130th in blocks per game (3.5) while Arkansas State ranks 226th (2.6).