The league’s top shooting defense will be 1.5-point favorites at home in Scotiabank Arena, when the Toronto Raptors (15-5) square off with the Houston Rockets (13-7). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 230 points and it will air on NBATV at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 5, 2019.
Houston Rockets at Toronto Raptors ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Raptors (5.5-point favorites) were defeated by the Miami Heat, 121-110, while the Rockets (7-point favorites) fell to the San Antonio Spurs, 135-133. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Toronto game went 19 points over the projected point total of 212, while the Houston game finished 34.5 points over the projected point total of 233.5.
Houston did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (34-36; 94.4 percent) while Toronto did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (29-36; 80.6 percent). Kyle Lowry played a key role for Toronto with 12 points, 11 assists and six rebounds. Houston, meanwhile, was led by James Harden, who contributed 50 points, nine rebounds and six assists.
The Rockets dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both contests. In the most recent contest, Houston won 107-95. One of Houston’s biggest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 16-18 (88.9 percent), while the Raptors were 12-16 (75.0 percent). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Of the Rockets’ 20 games, 11 have finished under the projected point total. Houston holds records of 13-7 straight up (SU) and 11-9 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Houston, Raptors games have a tendency to go over the O/U total (60.0 percent). Additionally, Toronto is 15-5 SU and 13-7 ATS.
It might turn into a shootout as two of the league’s top offenses square off. Toronto ranks fifth with 109.8 points per 100 possessions and Houston is third (111.8). Additionally, the Rockets could control the offensive glass in this battle as they rank fourth in the NBA in offensive rebounding percentage at 24.0 percent. The Raptors, meanwhile, rank 29th at grabbing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 74.1 percent.
Rockets vs. Raptors ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Over
- The Raptors rank third in steals allowed per game (6.7) while the Rockets rank 21st (8.3).
- Houston averages 46.0 three pointers per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Toronto ranks 28th in three pointers allowed per game (37.9).
- The Rockets rank fourth in rebounds per game (48.0) while the Raptors rank 28th in rebounds allowed per game (48.9).
- Toronto ranks third in points allowed in the paint per game (42.0) while Houston ranks 26th (51.6).
- Toronto ranks third in points off turnovers per game (19.6) while Houston ranks 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.7).
- The Raptors average 19.4 fast break points per game, which ranks first in the league. The Rockets rank 28th in fast break points allowed per game (16.7).
- The Raptors average 25.8 assists per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The Rockets rank 28th in assists allowed per game (26.1).
- Houston ranks 19th in blocks per game (4.8) while Toronto ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (6.1).
- Houston ranks fourth in second chance points per game (15.2) while Toronto ranks 28th (11.1).
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Toronto is 7-1 and Houston is 2-0.
- When reaching the century mark, the Raptors are 14-4 and the Rockets are 13-6.
- Toronto is 8-2 ATS at home, while Houston is 5-5 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 7 of the Rockets’ 10 road games, while 8 of the Raptors’ 10 home games have gone over.
- The Raptors are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Rockets are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Toronto has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Houston has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 8.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 130.0 points per game (9.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 122.6 points per game (7.1 above their season average).