The Milwaukee Bucks (34-30) will attempt to put an end to the 16-game winning streak of Houston when they welcome the Rockets (50-13) to BMO Harris Bradley Center. Houston is a 6-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 216.5 points. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 7, 2018, and it can be seen on ATTSN Southwest.
Houston Rockets vs. Milwaukee Bucks ATS Preview
The Rockets defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder in their last game, 122-112. With 23 points, 11 assists and five rebounds, James Harden had a good outing for Houston. The Rockets knocked down 29 of their 34 free throws (85.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.655 (above their season average of 0.554).
The last time the Bucks played, they were beaten by the Indiana Pacers, 92-89. With 18 points, 12 rebounds and five blocks, Giannis Antetokounmpo put together a good performance for Milwaukee. Indiana forced the Bucks into a turnover percentage of 16.2 (above their season average of 12.5). Milwaukee, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (21.6 vs. 20.5).
Second-chance opportunities could be rare for Milwaukee in this meeting. The Bucks rank 25th in offensive rebounding percentage (20.1 percent), while Houston ranks third in defensive rebounding percentage (80.6 percent). Additionally, the Rockets, who rank first in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.245), could get to the line a ton against the Bucks, who rank 28th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.225).
Of Houston’s 62 games with betting action, 32 have finished under the projected point total, while 31 of Milwaukee’s 64 games have finished over the projected point total. The Rockets hold a substantial advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 50-13 SU and 32-29-1 ATS, while the Bucks are 34-30 SU and 27-32-5 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 226 points, just over the projected point total of 221.5. The Rockets won 115-111, but were unable to cover as 11-point favorites. Houston did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (34-42; 81.0 percent). Milwaukee, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (19.0 vs. 11.1). Antetokounmpo had a stellar game with 28 points, nine rebounds and five assists.
Houston Rockets vs. Milwaukee Bucks ATS Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The Rockets rank 17th in rebounds per game (43.4) while the Bucks rank last (39.5).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.3) while Houston ranks 12th (4.6).
- Milwaukee averages 17.8 points off turnovers per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Houston ranks 15th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.3).
- Houston is 20-11 ATS on the road with 18 unders, 12 overs and 1 push.
- Milwaukee is 11-19-3 ATS at home with 16 overs, 16 unders and 1 push.
- Milwaukee is 16-5 when they allow less than 100 points, while Houston is 22-2.
- When reaching 100 points, the Bucks are 28-15 and the Rockets are 48-10.
- The Rockets rank 19th in second chance points per game (11.7) while the Bucks rank 27th (10.4).
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (42.4) while Milwaukee ranks 25th (24.5).
- The Bucks rank 11th in points in the paint per game (45.4) while the Rockets rank 27th (40.9).
- The Rockets rank second in steals per game (8.8) while the Bucks rank sixth (8.5).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (9.0) while Houston ranks 16th (11.8).
- Milwaukee is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Houston is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 113.0 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.6 points per game (0.7 below their season average).