The Houston Rockets (49-28) will travel to the Golden 1 Center to square off against the Sacramento Kings (38-39). The Rockets opened as 5-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 227 points and it will air on ATTSN Southwest at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 2, 2019.
Houston Rockets vs. Sacramento Kings ATS Odds
The Kings will look to maintain momentum after defeating the San Antonio Spurs in their last game, 113-106, as 10.5-point underdogs. With 26 points on 8-for-15 shooting, Buddy Hield led Sacramento in scoring. The Kings knocked down 24 of their 28 free throws (85.7 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.549 (above their season average of 0.524). Combined, the two clubs scored 219 points, which was under the projected point total of 223.5.
The last time the Rockets played it was against the Kings. In that game, the two teams combined to score 227 points, just under the projected point total of 229. The Rockets won 119-108, covering as 9.5-point favorites. Houston made good use of their 27 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 24 of them (88.9 percent). Sacramento, meanwhile, was just 9-15 (60.0 percent). Harden put up a triple-double in the victory, with 50 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists. The Kings have now emerged victorious in all three games against the Kings this year.
Of the Rockets’ 77 games, 40 have finished under the total. Houston holds records of 49-28 straight up (SU) and 36-38-3 against the spread (ATS).
Games including the Kings also have a slight tendency to go under the total (50.6 percent). Further, Sacramento is 38-39 SU and 44-32-1 ATS.
It will be a matchup of contrasting tempos as the fast-paced Kings (ranked fifth in the league in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Rockets (23rd in possessions per game). Additionally, the Rockets, who rank third in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.224), could get to the line a ton against the Kings, who rank 26th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.212).
Houston Rockets vs. Sacramento Kings Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
- The Rockets rank 17th in second chance points per game (13.1) while the Kings rank 26th in second chance points allowed per game (14.4).
- Houston averages 44.8 three pointers per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Sacramento ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (34.4).
- The Kings rank 11th in assists per game (25.5) while the Rockets rank 27th (20.9).
- Sacramento ranks first in points off turnovers (19.4 per game) while Houston ranks 15th in points off turnovers allowed (16.7 per game).
- Houston ranks fifth in steals per game (8.6) while Sacramento ranks 15th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- The Kings rank sixth in points in the paint per game (51.6) while the Rockets rank last (42.1).
- The Kings rank 14th in rebounds per game (45.6) while the Rockets rank 28th (41.8).
- Sacramento ranks first in fast break points per game (21.2) while Houston ranks 19th (11.8).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Sacramento is 10-0 and Houston is 14-2.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Rockets are 46-19 and the Kings are 36-35.
- Houston is 15-22-1 ATS on the road, while Sacramento is 24-13-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 22 of the Kings’ 38 home games, while 22 of the Rockets’ 38 road games have gone under.
- The Rockets are 3-1-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Kings are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Houston has 5 unders, while Sacramento has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 109.8 points per game (3.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 99.2 points per game (10.2 below their season average).
- The Kings’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.6, up from 0.6 for the season.