The Cleveland Cavaliers (5-18) welcome the Houston Rockets (15-8) to Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. The Cavaliers are 10.5-point underdogs and will try to put an end to their seven-game losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 228.5 points and it will air on ATTSN Southwest at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
Houston Rockets at Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. The Cavaliers (13-point underdogs) were defeated by the Boston Celtics, 110-88, while the Rockets (12-point favorites) fell to the Sacramento Kings, 119-118. The Cleveland game went 18 points under the projected point total of 216, while the Houston game finished 13 points over the projected point total of 224.
Houston held Sacramento to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.4 (below their season average of 23.4) while Cleveland had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.6 (above their season average of 22.6). Tristan Thompson had a good outing for Cleveland, finishing with 17 points and 11 rebounds. James Harden played a pivotal role for Houston with 27 points and 10 assists.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Rockets won the last matchup 141-113. The Rockets’ 19.5 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Cavaliers, who had a rate of 14.0. This will be the first contest of the year between these two teams.
Games including the Rockets have typically finished under the projected point total (56.5 percent). Houston heads into the contest with records of 15-8 straight up (SU) and 12-11 against the spread (ATS).
Similarly to Houston, Cavaliers games also have a tendency to go under the total (56.5 percent). Additionally, Cleveland owns records of 5-18 SU and 8-13-2 ATS.
Houston could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the NBA. The Rockets rank third in offensive efficiency while Cleveland ranks 29th in defensive efficiency.
Houston Rockets at Cleveland Cavaliers Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Under
- The Rockets average 45.7 points in the paint per game, which ranks 20th in the league. The Cavaliers rank 28th in points allowed in the paint per game (52.2).
- Houston ranks seventh in blocks allowed per game (4.4) while Cleveland ranks 29th (7.3).
- The Rockets rank sixth in fast break points per game (15.3) while the Cavaliers rank 25th (11.1).
- Cleveland ranks eighth in three pointers allowed per game (32.1) while Houston ranks 26th (37.0).
- Houston averages 14.8 second chance points per game, which ranks fourth in the league. Cleveland ranks 19th in second chance points allowed per game (13.4).
- The Rockets rank seventh in points off turnovers per game (18.7) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (13.8).
- The Rockets rank third in rebounds per game (48.5) while the Cavaliers rank 19th (43.7).
- Houston averages 22.1 assists per game, which ranks 25th in the league. Cleveland ranks 29th in assists allowed per game (26.2).
- Houston averages 8.6 steals per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Cleveland ranks 24th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Houston is 2-0 and Cleveland is 2-3.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Rockets are 15-7 and the Cavaliers are 5-9.
- Cleveland is 4-7-1 ATS at home, while Houston is 6-5 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 7 of the Cavaliers’ 12 home games, while 8 of the Rockets’ 11 road games have gone under.
- The Rockets are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Cavaliers are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Houston has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Cleveland has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Rockets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.0, up from 5.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 94.6 points per game (7.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 118.0 points per game (5.0 above their season average).