The SMU Mustangs (17-6, 7-4 AAC) and their sensational offense welcome the 20th-ranked Houston Cougars (20-5, 10-2 AAC) and their superb defense. The game can be seen on ESPNU at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Houston Cougars at SMU Mustangs ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Mustangs defeated the UConn Huskies 79-75, while the Cougars beat the South Florida Bulls 62-58.
The Cougars, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.4, had a ridiculous mark of 43.3 and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.492). The Mustangs, on the other hand, made 14 of their 16 free throws (87.5 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.637 (above their season average of 0.532). Feron Hunt had a solid performance for SMU with 23 points and seven rebounds. Houston, meanwhile, received a boost from Quentin Grimes, who had 22 points, six rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Fabian White Jr. led the Cougars to a 71-62 win. He recorded a double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Houston’s free throw rate was their largest strength over SMU. The Cougars had a rate of 0.304, while the Mustangs posted a mark of 0.097.
This matchup pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. SMU currently ranks 10th in offensive efficiency and Houston is 48th in defensive efficiency.
Houston Cougars at SMU Mustangs Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – SMU, ATS Winner – SMU, O/U – Under
- Houston ranks 69th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while SMU ranks 227th (15.0).
- The Cougars rank 17th in blocks per game (5.2) while the Mustangs rank 109th (3.2).
- Houston ranks fifth in rebounds per game (41.8) while SMU ranks 61st (38.0).
- The Cougars rank 21st in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Mustangs rank 174th (7.2).
- Houston ranks 144th in three pointers allowed per game (21.6) while SMU ranks 258th (24.9).
- The Mustangs have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, SMU has defeated opponents by an average of 7.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 57.2 points per game (2.8 below their season average).